By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
maria hewitt06/09/2018 21:31:24
943 forum posts
174 photos
Just a thought, how's Katy? And Fiona, haven't heard from them for a while. And a few others from the crew.
Maria
rosemary Rosenfeld06/09/2018 22:49:49
5397 forum posts
1504 photos
13 articles

I spoke to Katy a while ago..just before FoQ....in case she was going to be there! Sadly...she wasn't! She seemed fine...one daughter now at university! I've not heard from Fiona except for a message about the quilt for FoQ 2019... she is going to join in!

Best Rosemary x

Fiona15/09/2018 19:47:15
3100 forum posts
460 photos

Apologies for being so quiet but life has been rather busy. I'm very happy to report that my energy levels are high enough to cope with busy days and settling youngest into a more structured routine but I am looking forward to being able to sew alongside her studies soon.

I haven't being doing much sewing at all recently but I have been enjoying looking at quilts at shows both locally and in Wales. At the end of last month, I enjoyed a trip to Lampeter and the Welsh Quilt Centre before it closes in November, which is such a shame. I've also managed to spend a lot on fabric, especially in Calico Kate in Lampeter! And oops, I was waiting to meet a friend today in my local shop Fabricasagogo and some ends of rolls slipped into my bag too. After all, stash building and quilting are two different hobbies, are they not???

I have also started a new hobby. After a horrendously long gap, I have finally found a piano which I could afford and am relearning how to play. I think I need to make a cover to protect it, though, as the cat has decided he likes to sleep on it! The piano has also taken up residence in my sewing/ dining/ school room so I also need to find room elsewhere in the house for my thread storage and a chest of drawers full of fabric!

And yes, I am going to join in the FOQ quilt - looking forward to it.

Eileen Foster16/09/2018 17:23:59
312 forum posts
177 photos

I like the idea of stash building as a separate hobby laugh mind I have to be careful as hubby might use the same idea to buying motor bikes as different to riding them. and his hobby is definitely more expensive than mine cheeky

Just to let you know I wont be on line for about a week [I tend to look in every day] as I am in hospital for surgery on Tuesday 18th. I have an benign ovarian cyst that is about grapefruit size. Been waiting for almost a year now what with winter pressures, then backlog of patients' who were cancelled I am finally at the top of the list. I am expecting a 5 day stay but might be out sooner.

So I'll catch up as soon as I can.

Winnie the B.O.L.B16/09/2018 18:37:10
3310 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

We'll all be thining about you and sending these virtual get well wishes that we all keep a "stash" of!!! Take care and get home again soon.

Winnie/Margaret xxxx

Margaret S16/09/2018 22:04:46
3801 forum posts
671 photos

Sending many positive thoughts and virtual hugs your way Eileen. Hope the op goes ahead on the due date, after waiting all this time, and that you will be home again very soon.

Margaret x

Sue 6216/09/2018 22:47:36
579 forum posts
29 photos

Best wishes for a fast recovery from your op Eileen. Sue* rose

Sue 6216/09/2018 22:47:40
579 forum posts
29 photos

A bunch! Sue* roseroseroserose

Edited By Sue 62 on 16/09/2018 22:48:43

Beryl Hedley17/09/2018 10:39:42
814 forum posts
143 photos

Eileen hope you are making a good recovery from you operation.

berylrosesmiley

Sylvia17/09/2018 10:48:42
2043 forum posts
337 photos

Best of good luck for your op, tomorrow Eileen. I had a friend with one of those and they are SO painful aren't they? Guess you will be delighted to get rid of it.

Thanks for news of Katy Rosemary, I think of her often.

Lovely to hear from you Fiona, flex those silver fingers and make lovely music.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Search Press
Sarik
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues