By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
maria hewitt19/07/2018 11:03:37
940 forum posts
174 photos
Oh wow rosemary, that looks like a challenge and a half. Im sure you will make, a fantastic job of it. have a block a day still half unfinished, one day,....😱
Maria.
Eileen Foster22/07/2018 08:26:14
289 forum posts
173 photos

I will look forward to seeing your photos Rosemary. It is lovely having a penfriend. I used to have a French penfriend for 40 yrs.

Margaret S07/08/2018 09:23:56
3790 forum posts
666 photos
Our group chairman got a frantic phone call from one of our newer members who was at a garage sale. There were 2 quilts and she recognised the name on the labels and she didn't want the quilts to end up in landfill if unsold. The maker is well known locally for her beautiful hand quilting, sells her quilts for good money, has won major prizes at quilt shows, has a piece in one of the QG heritage collections and a block in the Queen's 90th birthday quilt.

Apparently a small quilt was priced at ?5 and a double bed quilt, which had been on ebay but was unsold was about ?15-20! Our member bought both and is going to keep the smaller quilt and is going to be reimbursed for the other one so that our group can decide what to do.

So much for the family of a quilt's recipient valuing our craft!

Margaret
rosemary Rosenfeld07/08/2018 10:35:44
5343 forum posts
1472 photos
13 articles

That is soooooo terrible! How lucky that your member was there and recognised the name! Best Rosemary

Sue 6207/08/2018 14:42:58
571 forum posts
29 photos

My goodness I can't believe that someone didn't snap them up on ebay!

What an awful thing to happen to such an experienced and well known quilter.

What luck that lady recognised the labels. Actually any label must mean a quilt is of some note!

Well done!!

Margaret S11/08/2018 09:19:17
3790 forum posts
666 photos
Need to buy some cheese. Dh asks why I have put Cathedral Window on the shopping list!

Margaret
Fiona16/08/2018 22:49:32
3094 forum posts
460 photos

Lol, Margaret - and I think some of my DH's cryptic clues on the shopping list are odd! Mind you, he does most of the shopping nowadays so at least he understands himself.

I have been trying to organise my sewing and craft materials better. Ie, not quite as scattered over the house as before. It's getting easier to pass on the odds & ends of foam shapes leftover from children's crafts but I am still struggling with haberdashery, some of which I know is well over 20yrs old. (Does elastic perish in the packet???) Back in the day, I used to buy a little something from the market stall every week aa I could afford it and it's been lovely to be able to produce 'just the thing' for projects but nowadays, I rarely dressmake and none of my 4 show any interest in crafting any more, although all 4 have an eye for colour and can sew. So it's time to be ruthless. Besides, I may then be able to fit in yet more quilting fabric!

rosemary Rosenfeld17/08/2018 13:37:05
5343 forum posts
1472 photos
13 articles

Hi All......I have just started a new thread about the possibility of a group quilt for FoQ 2019. Do go and have a look and post a message if you are interested!

Best Rosemary

maria hewitt17/08/2018 17:38:18
940 forum posts
174 photos

sent DH off to the dart sailing championships with some bunting from makower, hope it doesnt get pinched.

I am feeling a bit sorry for myself, having had scan/endoscopy/colposcopy in the space of 2 weeks, feeling a little tender. lets hope it sorts out whatever problems are going on inside so I can finally sort out the diabetes and boob replacement that is still outstandin. roll on Christmas ( my next personal deadline hope)

sewing has taken a bit of a backseat, but I have made a couple of bags and skirt. and spent a lot whilst surfing under my quilt. wink

Maria

Eileen Foster17/08/2018 21:13:07
289 forum posts
173 photos

oh Maria I do hope you start to feel better soon. It is horrible when you are under par especially when it seems endless. But once the tests are complete they will know how to proceed with you. hugs to you unless they hurt in which case gentle squeezes.

I have been waiting since Jan for an op [cancelled due to winter pressures] to remove an ovarian cyst which doubled in the first 5 months. but I can tell it is much bigger now as I can feel it when sitting at the sewing machine. sad I will have the op on the 18th of Sept but don't know whether it will be keyhole or not.

Fiona elastic does perish in the packet sadly. I have some war time fabrics and haberdashery including elastic. they belonged to my mum and I don't want to throw it away.

Eileen

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Janome
C&T publishing
bredons
Search Press
SewAndSo
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues