By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
rosemary Rosenfeld11/06/2018 13:41:05
5291 forum posts
1435 photos
13 articles

Well the good news is that my machine is back home........ the less good news was the bill!!!

The July issue of BP&Q came this morning...it has had a bit of a makeover.......and there are some old favourites...Stuart Hillard for example! I like it and shall stick with it for a while!

Best Rosemary

rosemary Rosenfeld11/06/2018 15:28:04
5291 forum posts
1435 photos
13 articles

Rude words.....very rude words........very very rude words!!

I just tried to do some sewing......the machine was returned late on Saturday....we went to London to see number 2 son yesterday....and didn't get back until late.....so this afternoon was my first chance,,,,so rude words!!!

I have contacted the engineer.....but he is off on holiday in the morning......."and I will be in touch when I get back!"

Best Rosemary

Margaret S11/06/2018 16:15:33
3763 forum posts
656 photos
So sorry Rosemary. I don't know why so many machines come back no better than when they went away and often after an annual service they are worse!

I suspect that many of the 'engineers' are not as expert as we are led to believe they are.

I hope that you can get it fixed soon and some money back! What exactly has gone wrong with it?

Margaret
Carol B11/06/2018 20:41:40
2978 forum posts
773 photos
2 articles

Pam

So pleased to see you are back home (and have been for a little while). I hope that you have been resting and are feeling much better. rose

Rosemary,

Sorry to hear you have had such a bad time with your machine and been let down by the engineer (rude words totally allowed under the circumstances). I hope you get it sorted soon.

Ref servicing, I had my Janome 6600 serviced every 2 years by the shop which sold it to me until I moved from Wales. Since then I eventually was lucky to find a local engineer who I am very happy with and doesn't charge much for the service (Janome wanted to charge over £140 plus any parts). I clean & oil it regularly but DH always thinks it is better to keep on top of any problems before they arise so for piece of mind he trundles it off for the extra bit of TLC of the service. However I must stress that I have been extremely fortunate in having good engineers, I have heard many horror stories and if in doubt wouldn't let anyone touch my precious machine.

Carol B face 23

rosemary Rosenfeld11/06/2018 23:00:17
5291 forum posts
1435 photos
13 articles

I hope it does get sorted properly...and soon!

I'm not sure what has caused the problem...but it has jammed.... I can fill a bobbin ...OK....but the wheel just won't turn.... either by hand or using the foot pedal! So the needle doesn't go up and down!

I don't know what is usually charged...this was £75.00! Is that good or bad?

Scarlet....who you may remember from the young quilters swaps has kindly let me borrow her machine for a while!

Best Rosemary

Margaret S11/06/2018 23:29:07
3763 forum posts
656 photos
Rosemary
That is about an average cost. Did he tell you what he had supposedly fixed? Do you think you have knocked the timing out? Have you pushed the bobbin winder fully back after filling the bobbin? Mine was beeping away at me the other day because I hadn't pushed it fully back after winding a bobbin, so it refused to sew.

Margaret
Brenda in OZ12/06/2018 03:10:28
448 forum posts
150 photos
33 articles

Rosemary, such bad luck with your SM. I think we should have certified mechanics who can prove that they know what they are doing, it's not rocket science. I think he must have been in a rush to get away!

If he's reasonable and fixes the problem then OK but if you are not happy then social media is a good way to stop others being caught out with shoddy workmanship..

I'm lucky to have a good chap here who does a full service for $90 (about 45 pounds). I can also ring him if I have a minor problem and he will give advice free of charge.over the phone.

Some friends have a service regularly and others don't bother. I use my machine so much that I feel I owe it to the machine to have at least an annual service. After all, we service the car don't we?

I think the quality of the service person is the big secret.

Brenda in OZ

pamela jeffrey12/06/2018 09:30:42
3166 forum posts
113 photos

Rosemary Lets hope it can be sorted once the man comes back from holiday.

Nice to be able to lend one for a while

Pam

pamela jeffrey13/06/2018 20:39:36
3166 forum posts
113 photos

Just found out today I need a short course of Radiotherapy

given a booklet to read but still hard to understand. Have to travel a fair distance too.

Husband doing DIY changing doors and wall papering. going to change all the stair rails too.

All I can say his timing is rubbish.

He always does a good job and saves us a lot of money.

I normally help but cannot do much at all (p.s I make the tea)

Bye Pam

Sylvia14/06/2018 13:29:09
2020 forum posts
335 photos

Oh Pam sending hugs and thinking of you. Hope it all goes easily and successfully. xxx

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
C&T publishing
bredons
Search Press
Sarik
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues