By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eileen Foster11/03/2018 17:53:26
258 forum posts
163 photos

I'm glad you raised this as I am hoping to do this on a quilt I am doing for my husband.

I was going to use long dressmaking pins to go through the corner of one patch and then through to the corresponding one on the back. when aligned I was going to tack it in place before quilting stitching it.

But I am open to other suggestions.

Carol B13/03/2018 10:07:26
2978 forum posts
773 photos
2 articles

To all,

I spoke to Katy last night, she wanted a full run down on how everyone was doing - I did my best to update her as much as I could.

Katy is still having her ups & downs but she and her daughters are doing ok.

She asked me to pass on a message - she misses everyone and thinks about us all often, and she sends her love to all on the forum.

I told her we all still missed her.

Carol B face 23

Jayne13/03/2018 11:03:23
653 forum posts
113 photos

Thank you Carol, it's good to know they're keeping well.

Jayne xxx

Winnie the B.O.L.B13/03/2018 12:26:22
3299 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Thank you from me too Carol - I do miss Katy a lot but glad she is "getting there."- even if it's a step at a time.

Margaret/Winnie xx

Fiona13/03/2018 21:01:35
3092 forum posts
460 photos

Oh, I am so pleased to hear about Katy and her girls.

Life here is quiet, or as quiet as it can be with a teenager in the house! I have been sewing as much as I can and will share some photos soon.

Margaret S14/03/2018 08:11:47
3763 forum posts
656 photos
Thanks, Carol, for the update. Glad to hear that she and the girls are coping o.k. I often think about her. Funnily enough I had just been cutting some of Katy's fabric before I read your post and the UFO I am working on is a block swap that Katy organised.

Margaret
rosemary Rosenfeld14/03/2018 10:57:54
5291 forum posts
1435 photos
13 articles

Hi all.....it appears that this weekend is International Quilting weekend! I am about to start a new thread for some ideas! Best Rosemary

maria hewitt15/03/2018 09:50:55
934 forum posts
174 photos
Glad to hear Katy update.
Also hoping all the others who have been quiet recently are doing well.
I've been quiet too, with a recent diagnosis of diabetes type 2, it's screwed my head up. But I'm starting to peek above the parapet now. Add to that dd moving all her stuff back in whilst she goes on tour again, am living in a bit of a mess. Not much space for sewing and all my UFOs have been tightly packed.and 'organised' cant find anything.
Apart from that all is well, love and hugs to all,
Maria
Fiona15/03/2018 13:41:35
3092 forum posts
460 photos

Maria, I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis. My children always seem to be coming and going too. We had work done int he house last month and all my fabric got packed into suitcases. I don't think I'll be able to squeeze into the shelves it came from either! And much as I want tto work on my HST project from a few years ago on here, I'm now beginning to wonder where on earth it is!

Add a new family member into the mix ( a beautiful black car named Tarmac) and life is somehow getting busy agin!

Eileen Foster15/03/2018 16:13:55
258 forum posts
163 photos

oh dear ladies you are having worries and woes. My brother was diagnosed with type 2 and once he got his head around the changes to his eating habits is now very well and a happy man. as for daughters and there flittings been there .

Hubby reorganised my craft/sewing room some years ago and I still haven't found a box 3x4ft of wool. He swears he didn't throw it out but I cant find it anywhere.

He is in his shed woodturning. he keeps popping in to show me progress. I will have to get the vac out as the sawdust/chippings make it look as if we have a rabbit indoors. Men!!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
C&T publishing
bredons
Search Press
Sarik
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues