By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Margaret S14/06/2017 18:21:12
3800 forum posts
671 photos
Hi Marian

Exactly! Shows the attention to detail! Disappointing. We have been spoilt in the past.

Margaret
Marian T14/06/2017 18:23:44
4504 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles

We have Margaret. I miss Katy as I'm sure lots of other people do, it's very different on here now.

Marian

Kimberly14/06/2017 19:59:13
1145 forum posts
165 photos
1 articles

Well, it all got a bit awkward for me. I wasn't much of a fan of the bag issue. Too many of them were a basic tote bag with new fabric. Not much to really get my teeth into. Then of course Katy left and I wasn't best pleased with how they've treated her for years... The article advertising things to buy had a blanket to buy for picnics...duh, we make quilts, why would we buy one? Then the fiasco of the copyright infringement was icing on the cake. Love my quilty friends, hate what is happening to the media that brought us all together.

Just my opinion, like noses, everyone has one.

XXKim

maria hewitt15/06/2017 16:09:38
943 forum posts
174 photos

must admit I gave it some considered thought before i renewed last month, my tablet died, and I have no wish to go digital on my phone.., and I am finding the projects less challenging, Ive given it another year, if im not impressed I may well defect... (I am already starting to pick back up on my dressmaking skills, although I have too many UFO's and FQ to stop quilting..

Maria.

Jayne15/06/2017 16:56:38
659 forum posts
113 photos

I'm the same Maria, I have paper and digital subscription (the digital is easier to read in the middle of the night, not needing a light on). but I'm a bit worried in case I might not be able to access them after I have left. But we're losing 'something'. If we knew what it was we might be able to fix it, but I don't think we have much support from the magazine hierarchy and bean counters.

Jayne x

Tessa15/06/2017 21:29:31
5765 forum posts
625 photos
13 articles

I agree with everyone about things happening in the PP mag and online. I've decided to continue with my subscription until the end of the year, then I'm cancelling.

As Jayne has said .... we are losing something...just not sure what it is. Katy is missed, the magazine is decreasing it's annual publication from 13 to12.... no bag issue...an editor who doesn't connect with the online quilters...I suppose we could go on and on.

So things will need to change big time for me to change my mind in December.

Tessa

mandy15/06/2017 22:06:42
1063 forum posts
152 photos

I actually cancelled my subscription a couple of months ago, I wasn't even opening the magazine and when I did it was a quick flick through so I decided time to call it a day.

Mandy

Margaret S15/06/2017 23:04:22
3800 forum posts
671 photos
Well, that explains why most months no one comments on receiving their subscription magazine.

For those of you going, FOQ should be interesting this year!

Margaret
Brenda in OZ16/06/2017 01:00:25
455 forum posts
151 photos
33 articles
I emailed the subscription dept and was told that once your subscription is expired then you do not have access to any of the digital issues even those you have paid for. I have tried to print and save the digital issues but no luck. I emailed the editor about the bag special because I have designed a bag but didn't get a reply. Of on holiday so will share the bag free when I get home.
Winnie the B.O.L.B16/06/2017 07:25:25
3310 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

I have kept my subscription going because I live over in France and it is my one connection with "home" - and in English; but since we 'lost" Katy, we have lost just about everything else. There is no life at all left to it and certainly no interest from the magazine to the Forum - that I can see anyhow. It feels totally soulless. Very sad, that's for sure.

Let's just make sure we don't "lose" each other!! That would be a tragedy.

Winnie/Margaret xxx

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
Janome
The Cotton Patch
bredons
Search Press
SewAndSo
Sarik
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues