By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Margaret S22/05/2017 10:21:35
3800 forum posts
671 photos

Belated congratulations Rosemary on your wedding anniversary and glad that you enjoyed your mini break. There was a brief article on the cathedral recently. It seems sad that it looks so fantastic a design but that the lantern has always leaked.

Maria, congratulations on the babies! Keep them well away from rats!

Opened up the hog house yesterday evening to put in some meal worms and found that we had a visitor. This morning all the mealworms have been eaten and our visitor has moved on, leaving me with the cleaning up duties!

Hedgehog House Visitor

Margaret

Tessa22/05/2017 10:29:19
5765 forum posts
625 photos
13 articles

Happy Anniversary Rosemary. xx

Tessa

Winnie the B.O.L.B22/05/2017 10:59:40
3310 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Love your visitor Margaret

Winnie/Margaret xxx

Brenda in OZ23/05/2017 00:32:29
455 forum posts
151 photos
33 articles

Happy Anniversary Rosemary. Glad you had a good time in Liverpool. Haven't been there since catching the boat to the IOM in 1949!

Loved your photograph of the Beatles. My DH was social secretary of our local tech school in Wigan in the mid 1950's when the Beatles had just got together. They offered to come at play at one of the dances. He turned them down !!!!... said they would never get anywhere.

Good to see you again Tessa, we've missed you. There are one or two regulars who seem to have disappeared.

Brenda in OZ

Carol B23/05/2017 07:54:47
2981 forum posts
773 photos
2 articles

Such horrific news this morning, my heart goes out to everyone affected and my thoughts are with their families. This evil cannot win and our city will come together and be stronger than ever.

Carol B , Manchester

Brenda in OZ23/05/2017 08:07:31
455 forum posts
151 photos
33 articles

From the other side of the world, our thoughts are with everyone. We must stop this senseless killing and bring our worlds together in peace and love.

Brenda in OZ (previously from Stockport​

rosemary Rosenfeld23/05/2017 08:44:28
5395 forum posts
1504 photos
13 articles

What can you say?...... But you're quite right.?. "They" cannot be allowed to win! I have no problem with people living their own life as they wish....as long as everyone else has that freedom as well! Take care all of you! Best Rosemary

rosemary Rosenfeld24/05/2017 09:14:25
5395 forum posts
1504 photos
13 articles

Morning everyone......... I am hoping that you can be your usual helpful selves!

I have run out of ideas for the Linus quilts so was looking through my collection of PP and came across a design by Angela...... with butterflies, bees etc! So I thought I'd make a variation of that one........ that's where the problems started.......... nowhere can I find red with black spots or yellow and black stripes. I can always piece the stripes but no way am I going to sew 10's of little spots!! I've spent the last few days trawling through ebay and other online stores.....everyone one I've found so far is out of stock!!!! I have written and asked about the possibility of new stock but am still waiting to hear back!!!

Any suggestions as to where I might try next? Does anyone have some small pieces of either fabric I could buy or swap? Anything over about 4 ins would be big enough for one ladybird or bee!!

Many thanks in advance!

Best Rosemary

maria hewitt24/05/2017 11:14:22
943 forum posts
174 photos

good morning Rosemary and everyone,

may I suggest you have plain fabric, and a pot of black paint -on fabric dye. Stripes can be painted using sticky tape to get straight edges, and spots can be printed using bottle tops, pen tops or even cotton buds, pin heads if its that tiny depending on the size you want . I had to repaint a whole lot of little flowers on my daughters hat once, after i washed it! she was about 6 and inconsoleable.. took me 3 hours....

Maria.

Edited By maria hewitt on 24/05/2017 11:14:58

Brenda in OZ24/05/2017 11:23:55
455 forum posts
151 photos
33 articles

Hi Rosemary,

Black permanent marker. Draw lines across yellow fabric and black spots on red fabric.

Just realized that Maria beat me to it! Great Minds......

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
Janome
The Cotton Patch
bredons
Search Press
SewAndSo
Sarik
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues