By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Festival of Quilts 2018

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
rosemary Rosenfeld04/08/2018 08:32:32
5343 forum posts
1472 photos
13 articles

I have had a change of plan...because I have a f​uneral to go to on Thursday! So I will be there on Sunday instead! It'll nice to see you..if you are around! Best Rosemary

Eileen Foster04/08/2018 12:47:00
289 forum posts
173 photos

oh that is sad Rosemary I hope it goes ok for you and the family concerned.

I am going on Thursday so if any one would like to meet up with me then pm me

x

Sue 6207/08/2018 14:49:43
571 forum posts
29 photos

Well done on the win Eileen.

My fingers are still in silly little splints which get in the way of everything so only reading, jigsaws etc for me. Fingers allowed out for massages!

Thank goodness there has been loads of sports on too.

So I've decided not to go to FOQ-although I really would have liked to see the quilt.

I did have a good spree at Malvern and that will keep me going for many a year-added to the stash!!

I just may be tempted by any of Philip or Kaffe fabric though.

Enough my second fingers are feeling the strain!!

Enjoy the show folks! Sue* cat

rosemary Rosenfeld09/08/2018 08:23:05
5343 forum posts
1472 photos
13 articles

Hope everyone at FoQ has a super time today...and for the rest of the time! Please please don't buy everything....leave something for those of us going later on!​ Best Rosemary

Eileen Foster09/08/2018 19:34:45
289 forum posts
173 photos

I had a brilliant time and only bought 5 different fabrics. so lots left for every one else. I got 2 lots of extra wide backing fabric. in fact one of the stalls that only does extra wide is only 20 miles from where I live and I didn't even know about her. so I will be shopping with her again.

the 1718 quilt is stunning and such an inspiration.

those still to go I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

eileen

rosemary Rosenfeld13/08/2018 16:16:27
5343 forum posts
1472 photos
13 articles

I had a great time yesterday....but no joy with a sewing machine.....either tooo small or way toooooo expensive. So back to the drawing board.

I haven't yet managed to sort out the photos yet....but here are a couple to be getting on with......firstly

Best in Show

best in show.jpg

rosemary Rosenfeld13/08/2018 16:19:23
5343 forum posts
1472 photos
13 articles

And now some of the 1718 quilt........

1718 orig..jpg

and the modern reproduction.....

1718 copy.jpg

There are a couple of details in my album! I'll gradually load the rest over the next few days!

Best Rosemary

rosemary Rosenfeld14/08/2018 15:12:02
5343 forum posts
1472 photos
13 articles

poppy front.jpg

front....then detail

poppy detail.jpg

...... and the back...

poppy back.jpg

Here is another set of photos from a quilt that I really liked! There are more in the album and still more to come!

Rosemary

Edited By rosemary Rosenfeld on 14/08/2018 15:13:36

Margaret S14/08/2018 16:18:44
3790 forum posts
666 photos
Thank you Rosemary. As a stay at home I miss all those photos that Katy used to put up for us. You certainly managed to photo some nice quilts. How big is 'The Best in Show'?

Regarding sewing machines, I think a 'price fixing' is operating. There don't seem to be the good deals that there were, although some firms say contact them for discounts.I wonder if all the machines sold on the sewing channels has affected the market. I know that as soon as you go for the wider arm space it seems to cost at least 1.5k!

Margaret
rosemary Rosenfeld14/08/2018 22:18:09
5343 forum posts
1472 photos
13 articles

Thank you Margaret....I am finding it really frustrating trying to buy a new machine! The best in show is not very big...30/36 ins by 45? Sorry I can't be more accurate than that! Rx

tT

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Janome
C&T publishing
bredons
Search Press
SewAndSo
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues