By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

king sized bed quilt to make

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Sylvia04/07/2018 11:21:23
2034 forum posts
337 photos

Decided to have a look at it myself so here it is. They have a big iron bed with posts so there had to be 3 side pieces.

All White she said

I have a box of all the leftover fabric somewhere because I intended to make something for myself as a memento. Hey ho.

pamela jeffrey04/07/2018 13:11:29
3177 forum posts
114 photos

Sylvia

Like this I could do with doing this style on my metal bed

Pam

Margaret S04/07/2018 13:31:21
3774 forum posts
656 photos
Eileen, I admire your orderliness in planning your design. I tend to use the back of an envelope method and jot the maths along side! It still looks a lot of work.

Lovely quilt Sylvia. I had forgotten about that one.

A friend's Aspergers son told her at the beginning of June that he wanted her to make a wedding quilt for his best friend. The wedding is very soon in July! She told him to forget his complicated design ideas and that he would get what she could do in the timescale. She has gone for a disappearing nine patch in whites. I had my doubts but the pure whites, white on whites, whites and pale grey have turned out very sophisticated.

Margaret
Sue 6204/07/2018 14:02:30
567 forum posts
29 photos

Love all your plans and fabrics Eileen, but the wallpaper?

Seems to me you didn't get much sleep the other night.

Your quilt is beautiful Sylvia-is it having differing shades of white that make it glow?

Stitches out of my fingers tomorrow-maybe I'll be able to sew?! Sue* rose

Eileen Foster04/07/2018 22:23:27
271 forum posts
168 photos

thanks for the encouragement. I have chosen blocks that I enjoy making and know they are relatively quick. As I need to qayg, the borders are in sections too. I did wake up in the middle of the night trying to decide which fabrics to use for what. I will need to buy some more dusky pinks I think.

I love the white quilt Sylvia and these are labours of love aren't they.

I decided to plan it on graphpaper as I put all my designs into a folder as a record. they are done in pencil so I can rub out mistakes Margaret. hubby says he wishes I was as tidy around the house smiley

yes the wallpaper ! not my choice but it would be awful if we were all the same.

Eileen Foster22/07/2018 08:29:37
271 forum posts
168 photos

I was in Norfolk last week and in wales this week so not done much of this quilt. But I did get some fabric for the outer border and the backing fabric 108" wide from Hunstanton. I have all the blocks done just need to think about how I will assemble it.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Janome
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
bredons
C&T publishing
SewAndSo
Sarik
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues