By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

March challenge

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Emma Kennedy17/03/2018 15:58:05
52 forum posts

Good afternoon ladies,

Thought I should post the March challenge, but as it's over half way through the month, I'm wondering whether it should be a March/April challenge. Let me know what you think when you've seen the post!

I would like to start 'With spring in the air...' but if like me you're indoors, hiding from the snow with a fire (and three sons and a husband glued to the Six Nations) then I doubt you'll be feeling too 'springlike'!

But, for this months challenge you will need to Think Spring! and create a spring inspired 12'' block. Whether it's through colour or design, the overall feel should reflect the lighter brighter days that are hopefully on their way.

You can of course do what you wish with the finished block, but Rosemary has very kindly offered to assemble the finished blocks and make a Linus quilt. But I will leave that to you all to decide.

So, let me know your thoughts on how long the challenge should last and I will finalise the deadline!

Emma x

rosemary Rosenfeld18/03/2018 16:05:55
5343 forum posts
1472 photos
13 articles

Sounds like a great idea Emma.......perhaps it might be better to give everyone a bit longer then the end of march! I already have a couple of ideas! Best Rosemary

Brenda in OZ19/03/2018 10:13:04
452 forum posts
150 photos
33 articles
Should we have a theme if the blocks are being made into a quilt?
rosemary Rosenfeld19/03/2018 10:35:53
5343 forum posts
1472 photos
13 articles

I know what you mean Brenda..... but I think I can probably use all the blocks in some way! In any case.. not everyone will be sending me blocks! Best Rosemary

Emma Kennedy19/03/2018 16:04:23
52 forum posts

Hi,

The deadline is the 30 April for this challenge, and you may enter more than one block if you wish.

Brenda, I think a theme would be a good idea if you are sending to Rosemary, but I would suggest perhaps more of a colour palette than a theme. As it's Spring based, I would suggest loosely keeping to greens, yellows and pinks as the main colours which all work well together. However within that, pops of other shades such as lilacs and blues will work too. If you aren't sending to Rosemary, then it's whichever colours you fancy.

How does that sound?

Emma

rosemary Rosenfeld19/03/2018 16:05:01
5343 forum posts
1472 photos
13 articles

Having a bit of time today..... I have tried out a couple of ideas......a very very fat sheep

wp_20180319_14_41_49_pro.jpg

who has decided to do a nosedive..!!!

wp_20180319_14_41_36_pro.jpg

and a simple 9 patch! Also on its side! I thought I would use my tablet rather than the laptop...not a good idea!

Best Rosemary

Glenda F19/03/2018 20:33:18
1642 forum posts
218 photos

Going to try and join in this one have an idea just need the time now

Glenda

Sue 6220/03/2018 00:02:16
571 forum posts
29 photos

I love your rabbits and daisies in the nine patch Rosemary.

An easy design which lets the materials designs shine through. Very pretty. Sue*rose

Brenda in OZ20/03/2018 06:27:00
452 forum posts
150 photos
33 articles

Thanks Emma. I have an idea of what I would like to do and I also have a "Leftover" block from a previous project. I know it's a long way, but I would like to send the blocks to Rosemary, it's such a good cause.

Love the fat sheep Rosemary... he probably just loves to eat then falls over and can't get up.

rosemary Rosenfeld20/03/2018 09:28:35
5343 forum posts
1472 photos
13 articles

Thank you Brenda both for your comments and your offer! Rx

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Janome
C&T publishing
bredons
Search Press
SewAndSo
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues