By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Quilting stencils

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
rosemary Rosenfeld21/01/2018 16:29:17
5343 forum posts
1472 photos
13 articles

Hi Everyone........I have just been using some stencils bought online from the USA.. I have never seen such a range of stencils in any one place!!! Do have a look at "The Stencil Company"..........you won't be disappointed I'm sure.....and they were so very helpful when it came to sorting out the cheapest way of posting it over here!! Best Rosemary

Eileen Foster21/01/2018 18:44:15
289 forum posts
173 photos

Hi Rosemary are these the plastic ones that you 'trace' or use pounce with ? If so I will certainly have a browse.

I have been looking for many of that sort to allow me to add more interest to my projects.

I went to the Newark quilt show on Friday and found 2 stalls selling loads of them. I bought 10 from QU1LT stencils

www.qu1lt.co.uk [01427 848979] it is a number one [1] not an I in the email address. They must be relatively local to Newark as they said they were going home each night. they also sell lots of quilting accessories.

when I went to the Harrogate sewing/craft event back in the autumn I was disappointed not to find any one selling them.

pamela jeffrey21/01/2018 22:43:33
3181 forum posts
114 photos

Eileen

I get into a mess using stencils, maybe more practice

Bye Pam

I was there on Friday and found it a nice show.

Will you be going to Harrogate next month.

Eileen Foster22/01/2018 11:39:32
289 forum posts
173 photos

Hi Pamela,

if I'd known you were there I'd have met up for a coffee and a natter. I did enjoy it and add to my stash.devil

I wont be doing Harrogate as I will be at a woodworking event with beloved OH

Eileen x

Glenda F28/01/2018 09:02:05
1642 forum posts
218 photos

Just looked at the web site lots I want to get thank you Rosemary

Glenda

maria hewitt30/01/2018 16:14:54
940 forum posts
174 photos

I think the art to those flat plastic stencils are 1, make sure they are well adhered to the surface and flat., 2, dab with light amounts of paint in a very vertical fashion. Havnt tried on fabric , but thats what we did with out decorative painting effects, when i studied years ago.

Maria.

Emma Kennedy02/02/2018 10:38:21
52 forum posts

Hi all,

Just reading through your comments with regards to fabric stenciling and have had some thoughts of my own for doing a technical feature in the magazine on this subject. In the past I have designed and cut my own stencils for fabrics and wonder how you all feel about learning the technique. It's relatively simple, but does involve a scalpel!

I'd love to hear your thoughts and also the type of designs and motifs you like.

Emma

rosemary Rosenfeld02/02/2018 18:49:30
5343 forum posts
1472 photos
13 articles

I'm really interested! Best Rosemary

Eileen Foster02/02/2018 19:22:55
289 forum posts
173 photos

scalpel handling was my stock in trade so very comfortable with blades .[biologist in a former life]

I tape mine in place and using a pale fabric pencil draw the lines and then sew small sections at a time. I don't draw all the lines so that they don't rub off.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Janome
C&T publishing
bredons
Search Press
SewAndSo
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues