By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Show and Tell 2018

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Jayne14/02/2018 20:59:01
659 forum posts
113 photos

I've really found my sewing mojo these days.... I made one of the scottie dog stockings a couple of weeks ago, but this afternoon my friend called in for a few hours and we made another one each for two local church outreach projects.

20180214- gt quilters stocking february 2nd and 3rd.jpg

Margaret S17/02/2018 10:14:37
3790 forum posts
666 photos
Lovely work as usual ladies.

Pam, love the two colour corners on your New York Beauty.

Jayne, the colours of your Pinwheel make a very restful quilt. The stockings are very sweet.

Margaret
pamela jeffrey17/02/2018 14:42:31
3181 forum posts
114 photos

Like the stocking

thanks Margaret

Jayne28/02/2018 20:26:56
659 forum posts
113 photos

Well I still haven't had time to work on any of my UFOs but I did get time to make a little something to decorate the house for St David's Day just for DH.

20180228 - daffodil wall hanging.jpg

Eileen Foster28/02/2018 20:31:47
289 forum posts
173 photos

love the stockings, nothing like starting early for Christmas

love this hanging Jayne. I should do more applique work.

Eileen

x

Jayne28/02/2018 20:47:30
659 forum posts
113 photos

Thank you Eileen, Last year I was part of the "Quilts for Grenfell Tower" Facebook group, collectively we made 1111 quilts, (no it's not a typo - 1111) for the people affected by the fire. We decided to stay together and do some more good. This year to avoid distribution nightmares we have sewn to benefit our local area. The challenge was to make one stocking per month throughout the year and find a local good cause. Mine and Suzanne's are going to two local churches where the congregation will fill them with goodies for worthy families at Christmas.

If anyone is interested in joining the challenge you can find more details on Facebook "GT Quilters".

Jayne x

Sylvia04/03/2018 08:59:08
2035 forum posts
337 photos

Another slouchy bag!Wow, you particularly Jayne and many others have definitely found their mojo. I haven't actually lost mine but just been so busy with many other things here in our good life in Mallorca that not much sewing gets done.

However, I am joining in with a block of the month project with my Palma patchwork group. Joining in because it's the thing to do although the quilt would not be my choice. Never mind, it will be fun. First block was a "muffin house"!!! Hmmm. Received 2nd block instructions at our meeting yesterday and on checking them discovered two significant mistakes. It's from a Spanish patchwork book and lady next to me said she is not much good!!

Have also made yet another slouchy bag ( I do love that design). It has 4 pockets with velcro fastenings for phone, purse, cards and diary plus slots for 2 pens. Tried to upload 2nd photo without success.

As usual pic on it's side. Hope you are all surviving the weather (more sewing time). Very wet here.

BOM no. 1

Margaret S04/03/2018 09:45:20
3790 forum posts
666 photos
Lovely little daffs wall hanging Jayne.

Sylvia, not sure that muffins would be my choice either. The bag is a great design though.

Are you taking your photos on your phone? I have found that if I take them in portrait mode and crop them just a bit they seem to stay upright when I upload them on here. Big Bird lay on it's side on the phone for some reason. I rotated it and then did a tiny crop and it held. I am Android and so far this tweaking seems to work for me.

Margaret
Jayne04/03/2018 11:40:30
659 forum posts
113 photos

Thank you Sylvia and Margaret, as they "...and there's more..."

The bunting I started Jan last year, but after the quilting, I got scared of trimming them square and ruining it, so they got left, after a bleak Christmas I decided enough was enough so I got on with it, Trimmed, Bound, Strung and Buttons all done.

And a "Supper set" made with the fabric I bought in Sarlat last year when we went to visit our Margaret / Winnie and her DH. Bowl cosies (microwaveable), coasters and bread basket that fastens with poppers to fit in the drawer better.20180228 - supper set fabric from sarlat.jpg

Jayne x

20180228 - 12 days of christmas bunting.jpg

Sylvia04/03/2018 12:40:36
2035 forum posts
337 photos

No Margaret they were taken with a proper camera and then the SD card used to upload the images to my laptop which is Windows. I have tried rotating so they are wrong before I upload but it doesn't make any difference.

Great Jayne, there is no stopping you. xxx

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
Janome
The Cotton Patch
C&T publishing
Sarik
bredons
Search Press
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues