Search for:  in Thread Title in  
pamela jeffrey11/04/2018 18:52:40
3177 forum posts
114 photos

Like the fish

Stereochild13/04/2018 12:35:57
171 forum posts
83 photos

Such lovely things ladies!! Cute fish Carol face 23​ Such a lovely friendship quilt you ladies made for Dany heart​ I am sure it will mean so much to her. Reenie wonderful wall hanging - the pattern would make great cushions too. thumbs up​ But Reenie your Labyrinth Walk quilt smile o​ ......oh my!!! A-maz-ing!! I love it!!

Letia face 9

Stereochild13/04/2018 12:52:56
171 forum posts
83 photos

This started off as a basket but instead of attaching handles I decide to add a top and make a jar instead.

img_0712.jpg

I am currently working on my Japanese Plaid quilt (the quilt of 2018 I guess) - here is a couple of the blocks I have finished:

img_0718.jpg

(spot the error above) face 9

img_0719.jpg

Reenie20/04/2018 22:47:00
1025 forum posts
146 photos

Thank you very much, Letia!

The jar looks interesting! How is your Japanese plaid coming on? I like the colours! Not sure I can find an error! Think positive!!

Best wishes

Reenie

Stereochild20/04/2018 23:46:34
171 forum posts
83 photos

Thanx Reenie - the error on the first block is I did two squares, then what should have been the third began the spiral at the bottom right hand corner. I have 47 blocks to do and so far have done about 18. I have decide to do all the edge block will the same design - what every that will be - something simple and that allows for the finish. I am going to try the Dutch method of finishing a quilt.

Letia face 9

Jayne21/04/2018 06:26:09
657 forum posts
113 photos

Beautiful fabric and stitching Letia, can I ask what the Dutch method is please?

Jayne x

Carol B22/04/2018 14:31:43
2978 forum posts
773 photos
2 articles

Letia,

I really like your jar, how tall is it?

Finally finished my bargello lap quilt UFO

bargello lap quilt.jpg

Carol B face 23

Eileen Foster01/05/2018 19:35:34
271 forum posts
168 photos

wow that is lovely Carol.

I don't seem to have done much quilting this month, mind I have been gardening and sailing too.

Have just done another quilt by the Yard [foundation piecing] for a Ann who has a lovely fabric shop in Hornsea. I didn't chose the fabrics but I do think it looks effective.

kaleidoscope quilt by the yard.jpg

Jayne04/05/2018 14:59:51
657 forum posts
113 photos

Here's hoping I don't forget someone...

Letia, I just love your quilting so very even and neat and the colours are just mine. I envy your nibble fingers to work on your jar.

Carol, Love your bargello, I have bought fabric (the same) at the last 2 FoQ to make a bargello, and I still don't think I have enough fabric so I might just buy some more this year....

Eileen, I too have been gardening and haven't had much time on my hands for sewing, although the weather helped a little bit with it not being suitable to be in the garden. As you say the colours of your quilt are very effective they really stand out without fighting one another. I've never FPP, I must give it a go sometime.

Jayne x

Jayne04/05/2018 15:05:20
657 forum posts
113 photos

I did manage to do a bit of sewing this morning and finished a WIP/UFO, I just have ALL the ends to sew in now, although as it's for our bed, I'm tempted to put in on the bed anyway and do a little bit every afternoon, or do you think I'd nap too much....?

I tied it with buttons in the centre of all the pinwheels with a button on the front and a felt disc on the back. Then just to help it survive the wash I shadow stitched it around all the blocks and the border.

Jayne x

20180504 - william morris finished button on front.jpg20180504 - william morris finished button on back.jpg

20180504 - william morris finished.jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
Sarik
Search Press
C&T publishing
SewAndSo
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues