By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Not Happy!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Brenda in OZ07/06/2017 01:57:22
452 forum posts
150 photos
33 articles

I'm not a happy PP quilter at the moment. I was browsing through the web page and clicked on the four featured quilts at the top right of the home page. (Pineapple quit etc.) It says "Read Full Story" I clicked on each one in turn and every time it just referred to a copy of one of the past magazines. The same on the projects page. In other words it told me nothing!
Once an issue is archived and no longer available in the shops maybe it would be a kind gesture, not to mention good advertising, if some of the articles and projects could be available free on the page. This used to happen in the past.

I would just like to say that Rosemary and Tessa are doing a great job as moderators, They are the glue that's holding the site together these days but they have limits to what they can do.
I don't mean to offend anyone, just having my say.

Many of the regulars seem to have gone away and they are sadly missed.

The editor seems to use face book more than her own web page (Manchester Quilting Bee)

A very sad Brenda in OZ!

Margaret S07/06/2017 14:43:23
3790 forum posts
666 photos

Brenda, that's what I was saying in a less forthright manner in Chat the other day. You might find that Projects is different from what it was early this morning! As I don't do Facebook or Twitter I feel left out now.

Margaret

Brenda in OZ08/06/2017 09:39:58
452 forum posts
150 photos
33 articles

Margaret, thank you for your support. It was your post that prompted me to start this thread.

Lots of "Giveaways" on Facebook, no such luck for us!

Brenda in OZ

Eileen Foster23/01/2018 14:19:48
289 forum posts
173 photos

Just found this thread and I couldn't agree more. I don't have a facebook account either.

Jayne23/01/2018 15:01:16
659 forum posts
113 photos

I've almost given up with looking for things on the PP website as so many articles relate to P&Q that I get disheartened.

My 2nd gripe is with the digital copy. Because of some long and short visits to hospital I have the joint print and the digital subscriptions. Because of having the print subscription which arrives early, I would also be able to download the digital copy around the same time. The digital subscription now takes an extra week+ to be available. Why?

I'm seriously thinking of this being my last subscription period, just think more money for fabric.

Jayne x

Glenda F23/01/2018 20:56:58
1642 forum posts
218 photos

Had noticed that the giveaways had stopped here . I also do not do Facebook and can not because of work so feel a bit left out i

Glenda

rosemary Rosenfeld23/01/2018 22:28:27
5343 forum posts
1472 photos
13 articles

Hi All.....I don't even look at Facebook so have absolutely no idea of what giveaways there are......but they are still available here on the forum! Best Rosemary

Sylvia28/01/2018 08:50:08
2035 forum posts
337 photos

On another theme I have had a couple of email telling me my sub. is about to expire. I have tried several times to renew online but get different error messages each time.

I have written to the subscription dept. and been told as a last resort ring them. I have tried twice and given up after holding on for around 5 mins.

Hope to sort it out soon but if I disappear you know why!

Emma Kennedy28/01/2018 16:45:07
52 forum posts

Hi everyone,

Just coming up for air from finishing the March issue and logged on to see all your comments.

So, I'll try and respond as best I can from the top!

Jayne, I agree that there should be more content from the magazine on the website, so I will have a look through and make sure that patterns and features from past issues go up over the next few weeks. The reason it was reduced was to encourage new readers to buy the magazine, but I do see your point. Make sure you check out the Katie Jane fabric giveaway- this went up last week and is closing on the 2nd of February.

With regards to the digital copy, you should be receiving this before the print copy. I have let subscriptions know and will get them to amend the timings which are clearly out of sync.

Competitions.

Although I appreciate Facebook and other social media platforms aren't for everybody, we do have quite a following that we also have to cater to. However, I can see your frustration and will make sure all the competitions will now go through the website, as well as the ones which are exclusively just for members.

Sylvia: I will sort out your subscription issue first thing tomorrow, and make sure someone contacts you asap.

So, I hope this clears up some of the 'unhappy' issues mentioned in this thread, and I'll keep you posted on progress!

Best wishes,

Emma

x

Jayne28/01/2018 20:06:28
659 forum posts
113 photos

Emma,

It's not that I want there to be more from the magazine on the website, it's just that with two magazines sharing one website there are too many items that belong to the OTHER magazine, this doesn't encourage me to buy the other one, it only makes me think of leaving to prevent disappointment. x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Janome
C&T publishing
bredons
Search Press
SewAndSo
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues