By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for rosemary Rosenfeld

Here is a list of all the postings rosemary Rosenfeld has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Show and Tell 2018
21/06/2018 14:56:23

dorothy house.jpg

I have just finished this quilt.....ready to be raffled over the weekend to raise money for our local hospice.

For anyone near Devizes, Worton and Marston are hosting an Open Gardens Weekend.....11 to 5 on both days!

Best Rosemary

Thread: Friendship Swap 2016/7
16/06/2018 19:17:23

wp_20180616_18_41_49_pro.jpgA

I have just finished the quilt above.....it is going to the charity shop at the Royal Marsden with Sheila on Monday!Thank you all! As you can see...I backed it with fleece! Best Rosemary

Thread: Chat
16/06/2018 08:54:04

Good to see you back Claire.... you and yours have had a rotten year! Hopefully things will improve for you all!

Best Rosemary

14/06/2018 14:48:22

Hi Pam , I am so sorry to hear that you need more treatment!! Poor you! Best Rosemary

13/06/2018 07:17:16

What a great bag Brenda...I love the flower! Best Rosemary

11/06/2018 23:00:17

I hope it does get sorted properly...and soon!

I'm not sure what has caused the problem...but it has jammed.... I can fill a bobbin ...OK....but the wheel just won't turn.... either by hand or using the foot pedal! So the needle doesn't go up and down!

I don't know what is usually charged...this was £75.00! Is that good or bad?

Scarlet....who you may remember from the young quilters swaps has kindly let me borrow her machine for a while!

Best Rosemary

11/06/2018 15:28:04

Rude words.....very rude words........very very rude words!!

I just tried to do some sewing......the machine was returned late on Saturday....we went to London to see number 2 son yesterday....and didn't get back until late.....so this afternoon was my first chance,,,,so rude words!!!

I have contacted the engineer.....but he is off on holiday in the morning......."and I will be in touch when I get back!"

Best Rosemary

11/06/2018 13:41:05

Well the good news is that my machine is back home........ the less good news was the bill!!!

The July issue of BP&Q came this morning...it has had a bit of a makeover.......and there are some old favourites...Stuart Hillard for example! I like it and shall stick with it for a while!

Best Rosemary

07/06/2018 14:11:06

Hi All.....just a query.......how often do you have your machine serviced?

My machine packed up on Monday....the end of a terrible day......and it it went of to be mended .....and the chap asked when it was last serviced.......well......my answer was never......and so the conversation went on!

Well....what about the rest of you.....?

Best Rosemary

Thread: Block challenge (non swap)
31/05/2018 15:11:53

Well........it's nearly the end of the month and I have been busy with other things.....but I have just downloaded the templates and will try to get the block made over the weekend....and then not be too slow for the June block.....I promise!!

Best Rosemary

29/05/2018 22:06:33

Thank you Margaret and Maria for your kind comments..... for those of you who haven't seen the magazine....my quilt is the"Flower Power" one shown on the home page here!

Best Rosemary

29/05/2018 13:43:39

We are all very quiet at the moment.....is that because we are busy sewing? busy gardening? away on holiday?

Me......I am still busy making baby quilts.....another panda one at the moment. Then my cousin has asked for 2 more for little boys.....so I have found a couple on-line with "boys toys" ........ one with cars and lorries on a road and another with diggers/cranes/tractors etc...... it took a while....so many US stores don't ship over here... so it took me a while to track down a supplier who could provide downloadable file.....so much easier and so much quicker!

Best Rosemary

25/05/2018 12:33:13

Margaret has asked me to post a message on her behalf because she is finding it quite difficult at the moment! As anybody who has been to France in May will know just how many "official" holidays they have.........this year they have all fallen on Tuesdays.....and then there was Pentecost ( another big day of celebrations in Ste Orse at least!!)! Because of all this ....they haven't had any group meetings for a while......and so Margaret apologises but there hasn't been an opportunity to finally complete Dany's quilt. It will happen as soon as possible!

Best Rosemary

25/05/2018 12:23:27

Glad to hear that you're home Pam.......and I hope that you continue to make progress!

Best Rosemary

20/05/2018 08:28:54

lend49.jpeg

20/05/2018 08:24:24

Thank you both.....I have just made another loan.......the details are below

Carmen Pineda is 19 years old and lives in Atuntaqui with her mother. She had to find a way of earning a living so she could support her mother. So one year ago she started making t-shirts and other clothes. With the money she is able to pay for basic services and food.
Carmen has requested a loan of $3,000 to be repaid over 24 months. She will use it to buy merchandise that she sells at a low cost, and rolls of fabric to make new designs of t-shirts.
Carmen is looking for a market where she can sell her designs. Sometimes these are fixed patterns, but she also uses her creativity to make new designs. She hopes in the next few months to earn more income and increase her customers. Her aim is to improve hers and her mother’s quality of life.

Best Rosemary

Thread: Lend with care
19/05/2018 16:15:34

buttons.jpg

Hi Everyone......I have been trying to keep you all up to date with "our" Lend with Care account. It is going really well.....repayments are being made and I am making new loans whenever I can. But over time the balance reduces slightly.......you know from your holiday exchanges......you tend to loose a bit every time you change currencies. Therefore I am hoping some of you might like to make a small donation .....made through paypal to

patchworkro@yahoo.co.uk

in order to boost the account and in exchange I will happily send (post free) you either a "quilting " charm or a selection of the wooden sewing charms as shown above......you may select the ones you'd like or have a mixture......just send me a pm to let me know!

many thanks, Rosemary

19/05/2018 16:13:44

buttons.jpg

Hi Everyone......I have been trying to keep you all up to date with "our" Lend with Care account. It is going really well.....repayments are being made and I am making new loans whenever I can. But over time the balance reduces slightly.......you know from your holiday exchanges......you tend to loose a bit every time you change currencies. Therefore I am hoping some of you might like to make a small donation .....made through paypal to

patchworkro@yahoo.co.uk

in order to boost the account and in exchange I will happily send (post free) you either a "quilting " charm or a selection of the wooden sewing charms as shown above......you may select the ones you'd like or have a mixture......just send me a pm to let me know!

many thanks, Rosemary

17/05/2018 13:29:48

Well done Sylvia! Rx

16/05/2018 07:32:46

We'll all be thinking of you Pam! Best wishes Rosemary

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
The Cotton Patch
Janome
lewis and irene
C&T publishing
Search Press
SewAndSo
Sarik
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues