By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for maria hewitt

Here is a list of all the postings maria hewitt has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
06/09/2018 21:31:24
Just a thought, how's Katy? And Fiona, haven't heard from them for a while. And a few others from the crew.
Maria
Thread: Show and Tell 2018
06/09/2018 21:26:23
Love that cassini quilt Margaret, I have a similar design in my head, with much larger pieces for my my night is your day. Still accumulating the required novelty fabrics though.. 😱 Not much space left in my room for them though! Maria
Thread: Friendship Swap 2016/7
06/09/2018 21:19:30
Oh Margaret, I do empathise, I've been having one health issue, after another lately. I hope you soon get some respite from your epilepsy, and all its related problems. My mum was epileptic, so I have a, small idea of what your suffering. I hope your move goes well despite, all this. Love Maria.
17/08/2018 17:38:18

sent DH off to the dart sailing championships with some bunting from makower, hope it doesnt get pinched.

I am feeling a bit sorry for myself, having had scan/endoscopy/colposcopy in the space of 2 weeks, feeling a little tender. lets hope it sorts out whatever problems are going on inside so I can finally sort out the diabetes and boob replacement that is still outstandin. roll on Christmas ( my next personal deadline hope)

sewing has taken a bit of a backseat, but I have made a couple of bags and skirt. and spent a lot whilst surfing under my quilt. wink

Maria

Thread: Festival of Quilts 2019
17/08/2018 17:25:23

Id like to help but cant promise anything as I am having health issues at the moment, but I am happy to make contrribution/ jellyroll strips.

Ihad it on my list to go this year, but my health had other Ideas. sadIts now on next years list hopefully. DD has shown me how to air bnb so fingers crossed.

Maria

19/07/2018 11:03:37
Oh wow rosemary, that looks like a challenge and a half. Im sure you will make, a fantastic job of it. have a block a day still half unfinished, one day,....😱
Maria.
Thread: Popular Patchwork Announcement
29/06/2018 17:26:33
Sue, your house sounds like mine, I have tried all the hobbies under the sun, and have the boxes of stuff to prove it. My parents encouraged me to do lots of things, as mum was epileptic, pretty unmanagable at the time, my outdoor activities were limited, but I'm now a very capable Jill of all trades.
I have at least 5 years worth of "torn out" dressmaking and knitting pattern from the 80's also up for grabs if anyone's interested.
Maria.
28/06/2018 20:40:23
Don't like the heat, although we seem to at least had a slight breeze, which takes away the worst. Health hasn't been great on several fronts, but going back to doctors to try to hit the reset button. Hope that will bring me back to life.
Well done Rosemary, it is most rewarding when you get a nice Thankyou.
Love to everyone, maria xx
28/06/2018 20:34:20
Sylvia, I cannot access the old stuff either, it was nice to have access to some of the reference type articles. I no longer subscribe, I have a stash of magazines almost as big as my fabric stash, and I am bearing in mind the huge pile of old mags I had to clear out fromy mothers. Don't want to do that to my kids.... And they are definitely not interested in sewing or craft of any sort.
Maria
17/06/2018 14:16:34
Claire, sending you love and hugs, this forum has always provided that bit of a boost for our little sewing group. Despite us all being a little on the quiet side recently, I hope you get that feeling coming to you through the airwaves.
Pam, hope you are soon recovering, and can get sewing soon
I'm sure there a tree others, I need to mention, but I'm sending you all love and hugs for your health, homes, and families.
Delighted to say my son has finally got a job,. My daughter is still whizzing around the world, learning that her worth is more than she is currently charging! Husband is silently dealing with my sporadic health hiccups, he is out sailing today, and has a good mate to chat to, so....
I'm currently addicted to sewing quarter, and not actually doing anything. Oops.
Maria.
06/05/2018 15:28:36
I did admire the compass quilt and bag using the same fabric, but thought about my enormous stash of fqs and decided not to buy more.And I have a large stash of UFOs. However I am a bit like Rosemary, the only time I've stuck rigidly to the pattern is when making a block for a community quilt, and I found that extremely hard. I tend to muddle along making adjustments and changes as I go, whether it be patchwork, quilting, bag making, dressmaking, or even cooking and other hobbies!
Everything usually turns out OK, and if it doesn't, I keep quiet, and nobody realises it's not supposed to be like that! lol 😂
Maria.
03/05/2018 20:01:12
I must agree that I saw the writing on the wall, when both mags started sharing info on the forum. I really hope that you can keep the forum going, as it is such a great family, and we have all helped each other through good and bad times. It is particularly good for when some of us become temporarily house bound,and the occasional meet ups at various shows. Life just wouldn't be the same without knowing there's someone there.....
Maria.
Thread: Block challenge (non swap)
06/04/2018 11:26:40
Is there a photo album for these blocks, so I can see easily the ones I've missed,?
Thanks
06/04/2018 11:22:18
Haha Margaret, polar bears don't eat penguins, because they live on the other side of the world.
I've got very behind with these blocks, have been tackling some dressmaking and bags instead, getting house ready for tenants and wasting far too much time watching sewing quarter. Still can catch up at my leisure.
15/03/2018 09:50:55
Glad to hear Katy update.
Also hoping all the others who have been quiet recently are doing well.
I've been quiet too, with a recent diagnosis of diabetes type 2, it's screwed my head up. But I'm starting to peek above the parapet now. Add to that dd moving all her stuff back in whilst she goes on tour again, am living in a bit of a mess. Not much space for sewing and all my UFOs have been tightly packed.and 'organised' cant find anything.
Apart from that all is well, love and hugs to all,
Maria
Thread: Friendship Swap 2016/7
14/02/2018 13:10:12
Goodness me! I had no idea I was short of a block.
I have been completely brain blocked this last fortnight, was diagnosed with diabetes, shocked totally as I don't fulfill what I would consider a risk area. Also daughter is moving all her stuff back home including furniture, as she is going to be on tour on and off for the next few months, doesn't want to pay rent etc if she's not there. So we are having a BIG clear our to make space. Eeek! Not much time for sewing....
31/01/2018 16:00:15

I'm Afraid I cant take credit for the funny, it was something that popped up on my facebook newsfeed. on the Australian sewing guild. ??? I thought it was too good not to share. reminds me of a quilt i saw celebrating sports ( olympics?) that utilised sewing term that had two meanings. eg for sailing it had tacking around the Needles. that one applied to DH so I took photo of that block, cant remember the rest. I think running and stitch may have been in thee too, was a funny jolly lady participating in hte sports here it is..hope the link works.

.http://static.skynetblogs.be/media/147147/381480070.JPG

Thread: Quilting stencils
30/01/2018 16:14:54

I think the art to those flat plastic stencils are 1, make sure they are well adhered to the surface and flat., 2, dab with light amounts of paint in a very vertical fashion. Havnt tried on fabric , but thats what we did with out decorative painting effects, when i studied years ago.

Maria.

30/01/2018 16:05:30

two sewing machines sat at a bar, one turns to the other and says hey arent you a singer,

the other one says why? ja-no-me?

15/01/2018 20:07:41
Haha, when I curl up on the sofa with the blanket I made with hug hearts, Meggie our dog climbs up at the other end with her dog blanket. Think I will have to make her a little quilt too. 😁

Edited By maria hewitt on 15/01/2018 20:08:34

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
Janome
The Cotton Patch
bredons
Search Press
SewAndSo
Sarik
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues