By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Jayne

Here is a list of all the postings Jayne has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Show and Tell 2018
19/06/2018 20:14:40

Oh Claire,

That is gorgeous, you have such patience and so neat too.

Jayne x

Thread: Chat
15/06/2018 16:57:45

I've just rang Nicola, a lovely girl who was able to give me my new subscriber number. I did tell her that there were rumblings on the forum so maybe they will do something about it now. 0344 243 9023 or you could email them at help@pq.secureorder.co.uk .

Jayne x

15/06/2018 16:46:03

Maggie,

The "original" subscriber number from years ago won't work, I've just found my number and put my PP number into the BP&Q field and it is still asking for the info. I also can't get my digital subscription on my tablet....

Jayne x

22/05/2018 13:43:09

Rosemary and all.

I was lucky enough to win two tickets to the Crafting Live show on the 1st and 2nd June, but it's in EDINBURGH, the cost of getting there far outweighs the value of the tickets.

If anyone would like the tickets for a small donation to Lend with Care at Rosemary's paypal address above, I will gladly forward the tickets (email) for you to enjoy the day.

The offer is 2 Adult tickets total value £15.

Jayne x

Thread: Lend with care
22/05/2018 13:42:01

Rosemary and all.

I was lucky enough to win two tickets to the Crafting Live show on the 1st and 2nd June, but it's in EDINBURGH, the cost of getting there far outweighs the value of the tickets.

If anyone would like the tickets for a small donation to Lend with Care at Rosemary's paypal address above, I will gladly forward the tickets (email) for you to enjoy the day.

The offer is 2 Adult tickets total value £15.

Jayne x

16/05/2018 12:56:19

Wishing you all the best for your hospital stay. Don't forget to take something interesting to do, hand sewing or knitting.

Jayne xx

05/05/2018 20:48:13

Thank you Eileen, the colours were all in one layer cake, and by using the easy 8 method of HST there was very little waste.

Jayne x

05/05/2018 07:38:49

Thank you Rosemary, that's exactly my plan, or was, I seems we're in for a heat wave this weekend... I wouldn't mind but the centre I managed to do in one hit, it was the border quilting, not only separate rings but a couple of thread breaks so more starts and stops.

Jayne x

04/05/2018 15:05:20

I did manage to do a bit of sewing this morning and finished a WIP/UFO, I just have ALL the ends to sew in now, although as it's for our bed, I'm tempted to put in on the bed anyway and do a little bit every afternoon, or do you think I'd nap too much....?

I tied it with buttons in the centre of all the pinwheels with a button on the front and a felt disc on the back. Then just to help it survive the wash I shadow stitched it around all the blocks and the border.

Jayne x

20180504 - william morris finished button on front.jpg20180504 - william morris finished button on back.jpg

20180504 - william morris finished.jpg

04/05/2018 14:59:51

Here's hoping I don't forget someone...

Letia, I just love your quilting so very even and neat and the colours are just mine. I envy your nibble fingers to work on your jar.

Carol, Love your bargello, I have bought fabric (the same) at the last 2 FoQ to make a bargello, and I still don't think I have enough fabric so I might just buy some more this year....

Eileen, I too have been gardening and haven't had much time on my hands for sewing, although the weather helped a little bit with it not being suitable to be in the garden. As you say the colours of your quilt are very effective they really stand out without fighting one another. I've never FPP, I must give it a go sometime.

Jayne x

21/04/2018 06:26:09

Beautiful fabric and stitching Letia, can I ask what the Dutch method is please?

Jayne x

Thread: Walking Frame bag
18/04/2018 04:43:21

Oh Brenda,

that is lovely and so practical, where can I buy both patterns please? They would be lovely for my mom's birthday.

Jayne x

Edited By Jayne on 18/04/2018 04:44:43

Thread: Linus Quilts
16/04/2018 15:35:40

OMG Beryl, do you ever sleep? They are lovely, there are going to be some really happy people out there, just think of the sunshine you'll bring to their world.

Jayne x

11/04/2018 12:24:34

Margaret and co,

The quilt is wonderful, you have made something to cherish and to give love. Thank you for turning our handful of blocks into a beautiful quilt, Dany will certainly be able to wrap herself in a HUGE quilty hug from us all.

Jayne xx

Edited By Jayne on 11/04/2018 12:24:50

02/04/2018 18:29:50

Oh Eileen, how wonderful that your presents to each other are totally priceless. Congrats on the Jade Anniversary and on completing the quilt in such a short timescale .

Rosemary, I too like your FMQ it brings the borders of a quilt to life doesn't it? And to gift it too.

Jayne xx

24/03/2018 20:20:46

I love the colours of your lap quilts Eileen, they look lovely and cosy.

How quick were you Marian in making your cute little bird? I probably hadn't finished reading it by the time you'd finished sewing it.

Marian, thank you , I don't think it's a Red Brolly Design, I put in "colouring pages flowers" into good old google and had a trawl through the pictures, printed it out 4 to a page (that gives 4" x 6". )   traced on the back with a transfer pencil, and ironed it onto my calico and stitched. I finished it a few days before Mother's Day. It's still on the mantelpiece..!

Edited By Jayne on 24/03/2018 20:21:08

Edited By Jayne on 24/03/2018 20:21:34

Thread: Easter Bunting
18/03/2018 22:19:41

I have managed to get there with copying the link directly into the top line, but trying anything through the website just gives me a "cannot connect" message.

But I'm there thanks girls.

Jayne x

18/03/2018 20:18:25

Thank you Carol It's worked, I shall have a play.

Jayne x

Thread: International Quilting weekend 2018
18/03/2018 14:52:08

I love your panda quilt Rosemary, they look so cute.

And I agree Bargello always looks so good but I'm frightened from even trying.

Jayne x

Thread: Easter Bunting
18/03/2018 14:49:41

I've gone to the designers page and it's closed for maintenance, I've gone to the April 2018 link and the URL (?) doesn't work, I get an "Oops" page.

It's not even that I desperately need to make this design, but, after my winge last month, which Emma replied off topic, I am beginning to feel that the publisher is no respecter of loyalty, There are the competitions on the website, where all the freebies are listed and then I need a code for some that is published in the P&Q magazine, but there is no code for the PP only comps.

Although I'll stay a member on the forum, I'll not be renewing my print subscription to what I feel is a sinking ship.

Jayne x

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
The Cotton Patch
Janome
lewis and irene
C&T publishing
Search Press
SewAndSo
Sarik
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues