By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Sue 62

Here is a list of all the postings Sue 62 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Show and Tell 2018
14/06/2018 18:18:53

Brilliant Sylvia-it's great fun when one wins at these summer shows!! Sue* star

14/06/2018 18:17:29

Love the bag Brenda. Sue* rose

Thread: Chat
14/06/2018 18:14:33

Best wishes to you Pam on the treatment. I'm sure your husband is glad of the tea to keep him going! Sue*

Thread: Block challenge (non swap)
04/06/2018 12:43:00

It's a super book isn't it?! I hope you have time to try it.

At the moment I'm pushing ahead with Stuart's first mystery quilt and actually need 4 7/8 squares for one part. Ugh!

I will post a photo when my room is back to more normal chaos and you'll see the difference! Unfortunately I have too many crafty hobbies and not much spare time!

I'm having an op in three weeks time on two fingers on my right hand so this is really the mayhem just after I started to 'tidy up'.

Sue*

03/06/2018 15:07:58

This is why I'm not doing any sewing at home at the moment!!MAYHEM!

03/06/2018 15:06:44

Hi Folks, Sorry this block is wrinkled but if you look at my last photo you'll see why.

This is an UFO and it is made from a jelly roll plus extra fabric.

It is from a jelly roll book and I will give anyone details if they message me.

I obviously do not want to infringe copyright.

I will add a couple more photos and you'll see the general idea.

There is one photo showing 4 blocks together -not sewn.

There are more photos in my album if you'd like to look.

Sue*

03/06/2018 14:55:55

02/06/2018 16:56:11

PS I may need to think again as I believe this is an original by our tutor.

Just about to email her for confirmation-it's worth it! Sue*

02/06/2018 00:17:02

Hi everyone, I'll be downloading the June block tomorrow. Just found the photo on my camera way back in February at a day's workshop. I hope you like it and that it hasn't already been done! Sue*

Thread: Chat
19/05/2018 22:29:43

Hi Rosemary,

I have just you a donation to the fund-so worthwhile. I would like a little charm if you have one left.

May I also send best wishes to Pam for a speedy recovery. Sue* rose

Thread: Popular Patchwork Announcement
05/05/2018 23:39:55

I so agree with your last sentence Marian. One of the reasons I am enjoying working slowly on Stuart's Mystery Quilt was that he used materials from his stash and I followed his lead.

Of course I could have bought all the lovely fabrics which were being advertised but I had some equally lovely materials in all the colours suggested and I changed my background to assorted creams instead of the dark one.

Hopefully there will be exciting projects for some of the other fabric designers this summer. I'm a fan of Lewis & Irene for example-especially the pretty prints available.

Sue*

05/05/2018 19:26:31

dsc03063.jpg

05/05/2018 19:14:37

Hi,

I received my PP magazine today and was saddened to read of it's demise in the enclosed letter.

I already have a subscription with British P & Q so really hope you do manage to incorporate our favourite parts from both. Pleased to hear that Stuart will still be with us-probably my favourite parts of the magazine.

I've always felt that PP has a more jaunty approach to p&q and P & Q is more serious. Maybe that's just me!!

My only comment is that I need some date for when to tell the bank to stop paying out for PP!!

Best wishes to you too Emma.

Sue*

Thread: Block challenge (non swap)
06/04/2018 14:37:15

Hi all,

I'm having a rotten time with most of my fingers at the moment so not much sewing but lots of reading going on here!

Just waiting for the op date on two of them. Anyway I would like to offer a block for May as we have made a few at my local group this past year or so.

I'll put it in my diary and add it on the 1st May!!

Best wishes to all you busy people, Sue*face 9

PS I do have my ticket for the Malvern Show so I'll soon be buying and sewing again!!

Edited By Sue 62 on 06/04/2018 14:38:24

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2018
06/04/2018 14:11:50

Apologies for lateness of squishie Fiona-I think you may have struck lucky with the sun yesterday and had a great day.

Sue*

04/04/2018 16:24:59

Happy birthday Fiona _ I hope you're having a better day than us. Sue* hot gift cocktail cake rose

Thread: International Quilting weekend 2018
22/03/2018 23:52:05

Although I didn't sew I was busy sorting out material and cutting out for part 4 of Stuart's mystery quilt.

I also found yesterday that my foundation piecing was correctly sewn so made 9 more and pinned others ready to go.

Only 50 more to go!! Sue* rose

Thread: March challenge
20/03/2018 00:02:16

I love your rabbits and daisies in the nine patch Rosemary.

An easy design which lets the materials designs shine through. Very pretty. Sue*rose

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2018
19/03/2018 23:56:49

Hi Glenda,

That's my personal Jon Bonjovi! Jovi for short. I've just noticed he's sitting on my material! If I'm at home he tends to follow me round and is in to everything!

At the moment he's not at his best as he had a nasty wound on his right ear almost two weeks ago now which meant an op and stitches and a Bill!!

I think I'll probably match these squares with some purples just for fun. Maybe a summer bag?

Sue*rose

19/03/2018 13:02:58

dsc03800.jpgdsc03831.jpgdsc03830.jpgdsc03827.jpgdsc03832.jpgdsc03831.jpg

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
C&T publishing
bredons
Search Press
Sarik
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues