By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Carol B

Here is a list of all the postings Carol B has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
17/06/2018 07:11:11

roseroseroseHi Claire,

So sorry to hear about your family loss and problems. A really rough time for you. This year I have lost one cousin to cancer, closely followed by another cousin with advanced MND (due to a chest infection). Although they were not as close family wise as David's Dad and your stepdad, I can sympathise and understand some of what you are going through. It can be such an exhausting experience, please take care of yourself and try to get some time for you to 'switch off' from everything.

Hopefully knowing that we are thinking of you may help a little, and catching up with the forum will help in thinking about that great comforter - sewing!

Hugs, Carol B X

14/06/2018 13:47:56

Pam,

sorry to hear you need further treatment but wish you well. Such a problem having to travel whilst having it but main thing is for you to get well with a complete recovery.

Take care, hugs

Carol B rose

Thread: Show and Tell 2018
14/06/2018 13:45:36

Fantastic bag Brenda, your DIL will be over the moon.

Sylvia, congrats on all your wins, lovely wall hanging.

Carol B face 23

11/06/2018 20:41:40

Pam

So pleased to see you are back home (and have been for a little while). I hope that you have been resting and are feeling much better. rose

Rosemary,

Sorry to hear you have had such a bad time with your machine and been let down by the engineer (rude words totally allowed under the circumstances). I hope you get it sorted soon.

Ref servicing, I had my Janome 6600 serviced every 2 years by the shop which sold it to me until I moved from Wales. Since then I eventually was lucky to find a local engineer who I am very happy with and doesn't charge much for the service (Janome wanted to charge over £140 plus any parts). I clean & oil it regularly but DH always thinks it is better to keep on top of any problems before they arise so for piece of mind he trundles it off for the extra bit of TLC of the service. However I must stress that I have been extremely fortunate in having good engineers, I have heard many horror stories and if in doubt wouldn't let anyone touch my precious machine.

Carol B face 23

Thread: Hello + newbie question! :)
11/06/2018 20:25:40

Hi Gabriel,

Welcome to the forum.

Hope you managed to find the answer to your question, and hope your sales go really well.

Carol B face 23

17/05/2018 16:18:06

Hi Pam,

wishing all goes well for you during your hospital stay, will be thinking of you,

sending lots of virtual hugs

Carol B face 23x

13/05/2018 09:54:52

Eileen & Jayne

lovely quilts, the FPP has made a very effective pattern, and I love the idea of button tying plus little waste.

Carol B face 23

13/05/2018 09:51:45

Rosemary,

What a super bag, the material works brilliantly. Enjoy your trip and congrats on the anniversary.

Carol B face 23

Thread: Popular Patchwork Announcement
04/05/2018 10:24:13

Emma, thank you for informing us of the sad news and for the work you have put in as Editor of PP. Popular Patchwork has been a regular friend dropping in for many years - occasional disappointments with ups and downs, but usually welcome and interesting.

Like Margaret, I am not surprised by the closure, it was always unlikely that MyTimeMedia would keep both Magazines going. I had noticed recently that both magazines have once again disappeared from my local shops and would involve a special journey to purchase. The way most magazines seem to be moving is by digital or postal subscription, difficult to attract new people if they cannot sample the magazine first by picking it up off a shop shelf though.

Joanna, Thank you for the added information and welcoming message. I will look forward to receiving my first copies of P & Q, and will give it a few months to see how I feel about it. I have purchased it occasionally for particular articles/patterns and will be interested to see how it develops from here.

I truly hope that the forum is kept going and that more P & Q readers will be encouraged to join the forum family. Many friendships have been made over the years and much valued quilting lessons learnt from each other. It is a place where learners can be encouraged to try new things and to discover that the projects in the magazine are do-able. I have seen a number of forum members build up their skills and reach a point where they have been confident enough to submit their own patterns to magazines. The forum has supported this progression, and also shown that quilters of all level of experience are valued. Questions have been asked and answered, results photographed and admired, a community and family has developed. Plus support provided to members for many non sewing matters has been invaluable.

I believe that the forum is intrinsic to the magazine, providing important feedback and support, plus an encouragement to increase the number of quilters, and trust that MyTimeMedia will continue with it.

Carol B

Thread: Walking Frame bag
22/04/2018 14:33:04

Brenda,

another great bag, stylish and so practical.

Carol Bface 23

22/04/2018 14:31:43

Letia,

I really like your jar, how tall is it?

Finally finished my bargello lap quilt UFO

bargello lap quilt.jpg

Carol B face 23

Thread: March challenge
22/04/2018 14:29:27

Lovely blocks everyone.

Brenda, love the way the birds eyes give them character, makes me smile

Carol Bface 23

22/04/2018 14:27:46

Pam'

So sorry to hear about your ill health. The retreat sounds like just the thing you need to lift your spirits and Kathleen Laurel Sage is a great person to do it with.

I hope that you enjoy it and can relax putting your worries behind you for a few days..

Take care

hugs Carol face 23x

11/04/2018 16:36:25

Here is a small wall hanging I have just finished - it was really just a practise bit of FMQ but DH likes it so it will go on our wall.fish wall hanging.jpg

Carol B face 23

11/04/2018 16:34:27

Reenie,

I am so impressed with your Labyrinth Walk Quilt. I have never seen that pattern and it looks really complex, well done. And also a lovely flower wall hanging - what a talented lady.

Rosemary, thanks for posting a picture of Dany's quilt, such a lot of love went into it. As you say, Margaret and her 'ladies' did a fantastic job putting it together. I am sure it will be well used, loved and appreciated.

Carol B face 23

03/04/2018 06:48:31

Beautiful quilt Eileen, with perfectly pieced compass. Perfect for your sailing husband.

Congrats on your Anniversary, hope you both had a lovely day

Carol B. face 23

Thread: Walking Frame bag
30/03/2018 12:46:25

What a great idea Brenda. So practical but also so pretty and stylish. Your friend must be delighted with it.

Carol B.face 23

28/03/2018 16:57:01

Maria,

hope things get better for you quickly, a lot of adjustments for you to make.

hugs

Carol B face 23

28/03/2018 16:55:27

Margaret,

love your bargello quilt, well done. Sounds like you needed plenty of patience. The border fabric compliments it beautifully.

Carol Bface 23

Thread: International Quilting weekend 2018
18/03/2018 19:29:53

I made a small bargello quilt top during the 2013 Worldwide Quilting day - worldwide quilting day

It has sat on a shelf since then, so I dragged it out, added a border, made a sandwich and quilted it, about 41/2 hours.

mini bargello quilt.jpg

Afraid the lighting isn't very good for the photo. I will finish it and not leave it for next years Quilting day wink

Carol Bface 23

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Janome
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
bredons
C&T publishing
SewAndSo
Sarik
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues