Lend with care

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
rosemary Rosenfeld01/09/2017 13:24:08
5044 forum posts
1340 photos
13 articles

lend47.jpg

Ramzana Bibi is a 29 years old resident of district Kasur, Pakistan. She has a family of 3 members. She has been involved in a traditional embroidery business. She along with her brother earns about 14,000 Rupees each month. It’s been a long time since she has been doing this business but now her earning is not enough to support her family. For the sake of expansion of her business she has now requested Akhuwat for a loan she will purchase more material and accessories for her work that will improve her monthly income and make her life easier. She will pay back the loan in 17 installments.

rosemary Rosenfeld01/09/2017 13:29:31
5044 forum posts
1340 photos
13 articles

And 2 more loans have been repaid in full.......Leticia Limaico tiene and Uzma Akbar ..... which is great news....for us but especially for them!

Best Rosemary

rosemary Rosenfeld01/10/2017 11:56:01
5044 forum posts
1340 photos
13 articles

Hi All...we've had loads of repayments and so I've made 2 more loans. Also another loan has been repaid in full. I'll let you have the full details once I get home at the end of the week. Best Rosemary

Sylvia01/10/2017 12:52:59
1944 forum posts
320 photos

I am still happily lending from my own account. Have just donated to MarÍa virginia Cumba who is also an embroiderer.

rosemary Rosenfeld12/10/2017 17:43:49
5044 forum posts
1340 photos
13 articles

We have had a message from one of our loanees........this one from May, 2015

Vestine has been saving and accessing small loans from Umutanguha Microfinance since 2012. Vestine is a tailor and she makes beautiful traditional African dress from printed fabric that her clients bring with them. In addition to these bespoke items she also takes bulk orders from choirs and schools. We met Vestine in her small shop, which had 5 sewing machines in it. She told me that with the loans she has received from Umutanguha she has been able to buy 4 sewing machines and in addition to being able to increase her capacity to take on more orders, she also trains local women in the art of tailoring. The students come most days to learn from her and when she has a big order, she will pay them to help her meet the order. Since she has been able to invest and grow her business, she no longer has to worry how she will provide for her family’s everyday needs. She told me that she no longer needs to worry and she can buy whatever it is they need. In the future she would like to start stocking the fabrics she uses to make the clothes in her shop so that she can sell these as well as her tailoring services.

rosemary Rosenfeld12/10/2017 17:47:02
5044 forum posts
1340 photos
13 articles

And here she is........

lend48.jpg

best Rosemary

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
textile festival
Green Hill
lewis and irene
C&T publishing
Search Press
bredons
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues