By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Lend with care

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Katy12/05/2014 10:44:17
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

Over on the Jelly Roll Slam thread, Rosemary told us about Lend with Care. This is an organisation which allows us to lend money to people in the third world to set up small businesses.

lendwithcare.org is a revolutionary way for you to help people throughout the developing world transform their future.

Set up by one of the world’s leading aid and development organisations, lendwithcare.org enables families to find their own route out of poverty. And it allows you to have a direct impact on their lives.

Rosemary and Margaret have already contributed, but we thought it might be nice if we all grouped together and sponsored a sewer somewhere.

Rosemary is going to co-ordinate when she comes back from France, but if you're interested, you can register below, and we'll get organised properly later.

LendWithCare

Carol B12/05/2014 15:34:28
2940 forum posts
768 photos
2 articles

Sounds like a good idea, I'm interested

Thimble

Kay A12/05/2014 21:38:39
555 forum posts
37 photos
1 articles

I've contributed too, I think it seems like a brilliant charity, helping people to help themselves out of poverty x

rosemary Rosenfeld13/05/2014 16:00:07
5105 forum posts
1362 photos
13 articles

Hi All. I have started a group for us and called it "Popular P forum". I have already assigned 2 of my loans to the group. If anybody else would like to join then you need to send me a request.. You will have to be a member of "lend with care" in order to do that!!

KayKay and Margaret S i would send you an invitation but not sure of our email addresses!!

However I have also created a new paypal account in order to manage this group and keep the money separate from my own spending! If you wish to send me a small "gift" (to this account) then we can sponsor somebody else as soon as we have £15.00!! This is the only down side to this charity.... there is a minimum spend of £15.00!! However if 30 people sent 50p we would be there!!!!!

I am about to go to France on Sunday, ( and will be staying with Winnie BOLB) so am planning to really get going once I return.

Please...... there is no pressure to join or anything.... I think it is just a nice(?) thing to be able to do together!

Best Rosemary

Kay A13/05/2014 18:14:01
555 forum posts
37 photos
1 articles

Thanks for setting up the group

How do we send money to the Paypal account Rosemary? Or will it all become clear when we join the lend with care group?

x

rosemary Rosenfeld13/05/2014 18:44:42
5105 forum posts
1362 photos
13 articles

Hi KayKay, you can carry on and use your own account and simply "join" the group and link your loans to the group! If you'd like just to contribute to a group sponsorship then you send me a PayPal " gift" and I 'll use that account to pay lend with care.

If you visit LWC you can find the group and ask to join! Some people may prefer NOT to join themselves but would still like to participate!

I hope this all makes sense!!

Best Rosemary

Sylvia14/05/2014 07:30:04
1956 forum posts
320 photos

Hi Rosemary

I have registered because I think it's a great way to help people. Will do my own loan but also look at joining in with the group one.

Interestingly, I passed a link on to my daughter who teaches Geography at the British School in Riyadh. She was delighted, partly because it's just her sort of thing but also because she is doing microfinance with her students and this fits in perfectly.

rosemary Rosenfeld14/05/2014 08:11:47
5105 forum posts
1362 photos
13 articles

Thank you All!

Sylvia, it is possible to do your own "thing" and still link your loan into the group if you'd like to!I'm pleased the message is being spread far and wide!!

Best Rosemary

Katy14/05/2014 13:12:25
8902 forum posts
5365 photos
898 articles

I've joined the group now, and I saw this morning that a lady in Pakistan, Irshad Bibi, is looking for a loan of only £122.74 for her embroidery business. She is 61% funded so far

If anyone would like to contribute, even 50p or £1 towards a £15 unit of loan, you can donate via Paypal to patchworkro@yahoo.co.uk

If we raise £15 before Rosemary goes away, this could be our first group loan, but if not, we can wait until Rosemary's back and just raise the loan slower. Anyone can register with Lend with care as an individual and fund a separate £15 loan if they wish. If you then want to add that to the group loan total, just request to join Popular P forum

Edited By Katy on 14/05/2014 13:15:35

Margaret S14/05/2014 16:15:59
3661 forum posts
627 photos

Hi Rosemary

I am being a bit thick here! I don't want to add my existing loans to the group one. I want to do my own thing with those so how do I join in with the group one as well? If I link with the group one does that mean I automatically have to loan £15?

Margaret

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
textile festival
Green Hill
lewis and irene
bredons
C&T publishing
Search Press
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues