By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

New Projects to make and Ideas to try 2014

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

This is a sort of reverse UFO Zapping! This is a list of things you'd like to make or ideas you'd like to try in the next twelve months. It'll help you remember all those plans. I'll give a prize every month to one person who ticks an item off their list. Remember this is a list of NEW projects or ideas, not old.

Lillianpoppy28/12/2013 21:20:14
40 forum posts
19 photos

Hello, to add excitement and so I am not just doing ufos, I lose enthusiasm after a while, here is my list of things to do and try.

1. English paper diamond/star quilt.

2. Rail fence quilt.

3. Gnome quilt.

4. Charm pack bag.

5. Bungle jungle quilt.

6. Emily birds and flowers quilt.

7. Nanna flower quilt.

8. Japanese lantern bag.

9. Elephant cushion.

10. I would like to try thermofax screen printing and make something with the fabric I have printed.

I think that will do for the moment. It should all keep me very busy.

Thank you Katy

Lillian

Brenda in OZ29/12/2013 04:59:47
339 forum posts
91 photos
17 articles

I think my challenge will be to come up with as many new ideas as I can for bags!!!

I wake up in the night with ideas going around in my head. Must keep a notepad and pen by the bed.......

Brenda in OZ

Susan M29/12/2013 07:27:05
176 forum posts
36 photos

Japanese lantern bag sounds interesting. I'm looking for an idea for my Daughter in Law's birthday, perhaps I could give this a try. Where can I see the instructions?

Katy29/12/2013 10:37:29
6585 forum posts
4431 photos
657 articles

I don't know about Japanese Lantern bags either!

I've added all these to the list, Lillian, there's lots of good stuff on your list, and Brenda, we love your bag ideas, so think of lots of them!

Lillianpoppy29/12/2013 15:36:22
40 forum posts
19 photos

Hello Susan and Katy,

The lantern bag is a kit from euro Japan links. It is very cute. Here is a link to the pictures from their website of the bag open and closed. I picked it up at festival last year but didn't get a chance to start it. It come in two sizes. The picture is of the smaller one.

http://www.eurojapanlinks.com/images/kits/lanternorangeclosed2013.jpg

http://www.eurojapanlinks.com/images/kits/lanternbagorangeoopen2013.jpg

Hope this helps.

Lillian

JillR29/12/2013 17:07:44
925 forum posts
117 photos

That's a lovely bag Lillian, look forward to seeing yours soon!!!

Hannah A01/01/2014 14:56:51
100 forum posts
31 photos

Ohh that lantern bag looks lovely! I've got 3 babies coming next year (unfortunately not mine) so I need to get organised... so hopefully this will help me keep on track with my new projects too

1. Irish Chain Quilt

2. EPP Double Wedding Quilt

3. EPP diamonds lap quilt in 30s repros and lecien old new

4. Baby 3- Books for Baby foundation pieced quilt

5. Baby 1- diaper/messenger bag with baby bits

6. Baby 2- Girlie HST quilt

7. HST and square quilt with green/purple FQ stack

8. Cathedral Windows quilt

9. Something with any (or all) of my Kate Spain Jelly Rolls, Pam Kitty Picnic FQs

Think that's enough for now and I have started my EPP diamonds last night and this morning.

Marlene Hutchinson01/01/2014 15:47:50
1063 forum posts
1571 photos

I have been sorting out red/black/white fabrics for the first quilt on my list...also backing and got the drunkards path die and Go machine out ready.....unfortunately I have visitors over the next few days so won't get started until Sunday maybe. Looking forward to it.....I have wanted to do this quilt for 5/6 years! Thanks Katy for starting this post.

Cheerio,

Marlene. face 23

Margaret S01/01/2014 15:50:50
2525 forum posts
407 photos

Today I've started the first one on my list - come up with an idea for the green fabric swap and started cutting it out.

Margaret

Kerry W02/01/2014 11:17:00
254 forum posts
38 photos
6 articles

I've started two of mine I have two other ideas on my list now, but isn't that just how it goes?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Threads and Patches
Janome
Sizzix
JB Quilting Fabrics
The Cotton Patch
Creative Grids
Advertise With Us
Subscription Gift!
Subscribe to Popular Patchwork and receive a FREE gift!
Contact us

Got a Popular Patchwork problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues