By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

6th DAY OF THE MONTH JOURNAL

This idea came to me whilst watching the News!!!!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Janet M28/12/2011 01:18:31
5698 forum posts
1170 photos
4 articles
A chap had been asked what he was doing three years ago on such and such a day, even the blooming time!!! He came straight back with what it was.
Stone me I thought, I wouldn't remember what I was doing last week let alone three years ago, and let's just forget the blooming time part!

So, my idea for this fun thing to do all year is this.

We make a Journal page -
[which we will KEEP FOR OURSELVES, this is NOT a swap girls]
- depicting what we are doing on 6th day of each month.

Why the 6th you ask? Because I like the number 6 OK!
Please don't change the date cos it will be interesting to compare what we were all doing on the 6th of each month when the piks go in the album which I shall make for us.

Because we are not swapping you do not have to get it done by any time soon as it were, just make a note of what you were doing on that day and you can make the Journal page at your leisure. See how kind I am to you!!!!

Well there you are, that is my first idea for 2012. Join me if you wish to, it would be lovely to have you along for the journey. More ideas in the pipeline

PS -- 
A Journal page is 8 x 11 - the size of the paper you use in your printer --
I believe it is A4
You can use any medium on the page you like, it is yours after all. By that I mean quilting patchwork applique melting glueing knitting!! crochet whatever. Any colours, anything you like basically.

Edited By BattyJan on 28/12/2011 01:22:06

Edited By BattyJan on 28/12/2011 01:22:40

Sylvia28/12/2011 07:01:22
1261 forum posts
231 photos
Well........ you are a girl for the interesting ideas Jan!!!!
Shall have to think about that one, perhaps I will just make a note on 6 Jan and see how I feel and what's on.
I am just about to finish the Guild's Contemporary Quilt Group year of journals which has been mostly good but I did say "no journals next year".
Sylvia
rosemary Rosenfeld28/12/2011 08:53:03
2579 forum posts
788 photos
2 articles
It's a thought Jan!
Best
Rosemary
Myra of Cheadle28/12/2011 09:16:00
452 forum posts
107 photos
Dear Jan,

Yes, I like the idea but not at sure about actually doing it. My Journal is actually 12" square since I made blocks for a sampler quilt but never joined them. I might do the "pages" A5 size - that's about 20 x 15 cm or 8 x 6 inches?

Half of the journal is done, about half needs the verso pages doing this year!

On Jan 6th it's epiphany so it's the day to take down the decorations and pack them away. Therefore my journal page would feature my favourite decoration. That gives me time to work on which is my favourite before I take them down!

Yes, now Iv'e typed this I think I'm going to have a go....

And count me in for the postcards from January 2012 - it was just December I missed out!

If you use A4 or A5 paper you could just sKetch a design but not translate it into a quilt etc. - and add it to a scrapbook? Just a "short-cut" if it helps some people!

6 is a perfect number, of course, as is 28......

Happy Journalling in 2012
Myra in Gatley
Katy28/12/2011 10:19:42
6477 forum posts
4192 photos
641 articles
Great idea Jan, I'm in, hope I don't have to make 12 different views of my laptop!
Jytte28/12/2011 10:41:08
391 forum posts
59 photos
Hmm Jan, count me in too, although I do know one thing I'll be doing on the 6th in the morning.
Going to the dentist !!!!! How to depict that ? Perhaps I can find something better on the day.
Jytte
Jackie28/12/2011 10:49:16
382 forum posts
91 photos
Oh my goodness Jan!!

This could be a great discipline to aid my design work mmmmmmmmmmmm a journal!? I think I'm tempted

Jackie
Sandy28/12/2011 11:04:21
1022 forum posts
163 photos
Hmm from me too, Jan. I am tempted and only 1 per month on the 6th. I will sleep on it.
Off to bed 10 pm
Cheers
Sandy
quilt and patch28/12/2011 12:34:48
3144 forum posts
548 photos
Hummmmm! Sounds interesting! Especially as there is no deadline only I guess December 2012!
Count me in ( I think?) Go on then Jan you've twisted my arm OUCHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Angela28/12/2011 14:13:28
1672 forum posts
349 photos
6 articles
Great idea Jan - I'm in too!

Ang

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sizzix
Janome
Creative Grids
The Cotton Patch
Threads and Patches
JB Quilting Fabrics
Advertise With Us
Subscription Gift!
Subscribe to Popular Patchwork and receive a FREE gift!
Contact us

Got a Popular Patchwork problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues