heirloom quilt

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

jansew01/03/2011 18:41:10
16 forum posts
16 photos
Just purchased this book and resisting abandoning all other projects to
start working on it lots of great ideas and projects in here from bags to cushions and for the adventurous quilts.
Mal-A01/03/2011 19:39:58
1210 forum posts
168 photos
Already purchased this book when it first came out was addicted on viewing it.
Also bought the fabric ready to do it - but I am using cotton not silk dupion.
Promised myself I would finish other items first before starting it - but may not!!

What are you going to start on first?

Mal
Budsmam06/03/2011 19:05:49
1 forum posts
I bought this book after the Festival of Quilts last year. My friend and i have been buying silk each month for it and now have enough to start. The quilt looks fabulous, i have already made 2 projects from the book, the quilted box and the wavy tucks bag. I have to say that i have used more functions of my sewing machine on these projects than i have in the past 4 years. Very challenging but so much fun. I am about to start on the center piece with my newly purchased silk *gulp* ! so would love to hear of anyone else doing it.
Sheila
CazieB09/01/2015 15:09:47
3 forum posts

I was lucky enough to meet Pauline (author of the book) a few years ago at the NEC March show, she is an amazing teacher, I had just started quilting and she was teaching embroidery techniques using the Husgavarne Viking Quilting machine, both my mum and I loved using them and both bought the quilting machines that day, and havent looked back. The book is inspirational and I am on and off working on my Heirloom quilt, but like many of you, I start one project and pick up another until I have about 6 quilts or projects on the go at once. I love the book and I am extremely excited to see that Pauline is back at the NEC this year after a few years break. There is an 9 square cushion in the book which uses a technique where you use a drawing pin and masking tape to sew circles on the sewing machine, its really easy and is amazing effect when you cut the circle into 4 pieces and turn them out. (sorry I am not explaining this very well, I need to up load photos I think)

Anyway its a brilliant book has some very interesting machine embroidery techniques and well worth the money.

Happy quilting

Irene B09/01/2015 17:22:52
4412 forum posts
405 photos

I have this book too and it's very inspirational. There are so many lovely projects. Haven't tried anything from it yet.

Irene rose

CazieB22/06/2015 09:29:40
3 forum posts

I am off to Paulines Workshop in Torquay in September, I cant wait. I am going to learn the stitches to create the Heirloom quilt, so very very excited. Just need the time to work on it.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork!

Find Patchwork & Quiliting!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
lewis and irene
textile festival
Green Hill
SewAndSo
Search Press
C&T publishing
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues