By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
pamela jeffrey05/04/2012 15:52:48
2594 forum posts
66 photos

Hello Tessa

Many thanks, will look forward to getting them next week.

Bye pam

Winnie the B.O.L.B05/04/2012 16:02:39
1972 forum posts
134 photos

Oh, Jytte - there is defintiely no justice. I'm with Katy - kidnap, cotton wool and 24/7 surveillance is definitely called for. Maybe we can all hope for you that the cost of the repair will not be as awful as you fear!?? 

I have a 17 year old Bernina which I love too - so far, no problems!!!!!! I also had an additional more basic model that I used to take to classes as my main one was too heavy to carry around- but as I don't have any groups to go to out here, i sold that one to a neighbour that I am teaching to "patchwork"

Things just have to get better for you - we're all sending good vibes your way - hope they help a bit.

Love

Margaret xx

Edited By Winnie the B.O.L.B on 05/04/2012 16:03:58

Edited By Winnie the B.O.L.B on 05/04/2012 16:05:03

pamela jeffrey05/04/2012 16:09:37
2594 forum posts
66 photos

Hello some of the zip brooches I did last week. the 4 at the front are using the zip pull bit. got loads of zips but running out of shank buttons. will have a look at car boot sale this week end.

If any one wants any zip grey 61/2 inches, plum 8 inches or soft green 71/2 inches. I have lots

Bye Pam

catssmudge05/04/2012 19:15:23
418 forum posts
26 photos

I am so far behind on all the postings - hope everyone who is feeling ill / rough etc. starts to feel better sooner rather than later.

I am feeling really pleased with myself - I used my sewing machine for the first time since the operation today. It felt great, just to be sewing again, without having to think first. I have adjusted how I usually sit and where I put my machine, and it seems to have been the right thing to do. I have done Sandys' block and am going to hopefullt start the bookmark / atc for the swap tmorrow. I'm taking it slowly, well t start with.

catssmudge / Sarah

Reenie05/04/2012 19:27:06
739 forum posts
79 photos

Hello Sarah

Some good news! Glad to hear you are on the mend and able to get back to the machine!

Best wishes

Reenie

Reenie05/04/2012 19:27:56
739 forum posts
79 photos

Pam

Those zip brooches are fantastic! How do you make them?

Best wishes

Reenie

pamela jeffrey05/04/2012 19:34:17
2594 forum posts
66 photos

Hello Reenie

A bit hard to explain if you look on you tube it gives some ideas.

Get a long zip on sew and gather along the edge and twist it round and glue down. then put a back on and brooch pin. that is the easy one to explain.

Separate the zip fisrt.

Bye pam

Winnie the B.O.L.B05/04/2012 20:09:09
1972 forum posts
134 photos

Well done that girl - it must be great to be able to get "behind the wheel" again.

Love

Margaret xx

Margaret S05/04/2012 20:19:37
2603 forum posts
426 photos

Hi Pam

Love the brooches. I want to have a go at those.

Sadly, not only do I collect fabric, I also collect buttons! I have my own collection, my mother's and MILs. Would you like me to look through and see if I have any shanked buttons that are suitable for you? I would need to know what size, colour, type etc, but I am happy to send you some if you want them.

Margaret

Margaret S05/04/2012 20:21:13
2603 forum posts
426 photos

Well done Sarah. Glad you are making friends with your sewing machine again. Take care and don't overdo it.

Margaret

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Threads and Patches
Janome
Sizzix
Creative Grids
JB Quilting Fabrics
The Cotton Patch
Advertise With Us
Subscription Gift!
Subscribe to Popular Patchwork and receive a FREE gift!
Contact us

Got a Popular Patchwork problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues