By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Sylvia12/10/2017 17:55:44
1944 forum posts
320 photos

Haven't read all of this good stuff yet, but just had to share this. I looked at your picture of your spools Rosemary and thought "why on earth has she got so many pink ones?" !!!!

Winnie the B.O.L.B12/10/2017 19:13:58
3248 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Will ask DH as you suggest where he would get the bigger tubing Rosemary - there may be the even larger sizes. I also had a vague sort of idea that maybe you could cut a sort of small "slot" out of one of the larger piece of the tubing - eg not just a cut a slit in it but cut a "piece" out of it to make it stretch more easily round a much larger diameter reel and also much easier to stretch full stop.. Perhaps an impractical idea - just something that floated through my "brain"! If they are as good as my thread wraps it will save me future cash to spend on the thread itself!!

Margaret/Winnie xx

Winnie the B.O.L.B12/10/2017 19:30:54
3248 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Have just dragged DH out of his comfy armchair and showed him the photos of your spools and their tubing holders, Marian and asked him to put his thinking cap on for reels as well - he is known as "Non Stick Hay" - so we will see if he come sup with anything for us - no miracles promised just some investigations.

Margaret/Winnie xx

Edited By Winnie the B.O.L.B on 12/10/2017 19:32:30

Jayne12/10/2017 20:33:48
587 forum posts
97 photos

Sylvia, I have just sent you a pm. Jayne x

rosemary Rosenfeld16/10/2017 08:29:23
5044 forum posts
1340 photos
13 articles

Hi everyone.... Margaret/Winnie has been having internet issues/problems and she is a bit worried she may have forgotten/lost some of you! She sent an email yesterday.....if you were expecting to hear from her and you didn't get one can you please send her a pm or email! Best Rosemary

Eileen Foster20/10/2017 10:14:31
104 forum posts
98 photos

I am a bit fed up at the moment. I was doing my other passion on Monday, namely pottering in the greenhouse. I lent forward to pick up an empty plant pot and my back went. Just like in a comedy sketch but it wasn't funny. I haven't been able to sew or garden and I am fed up of daytime tv already. at least I can walk a bit better today.

so what have you been up to this last week?

Margaret S20/10/2017 10:35:42
3642 forum posts
623 photos
Oh Eileen, my commiserations. As someone with a fragile back that often completely locks, I feel your pain. No one fully understands back pain unless they have experienced it themselves.

Well I have completely lost my sewing mojo and have ignored things that I should be doing, (like answering pms - sorry). The first meaning full sewing that I have done in 3 weeks is Rosemary's Friendship block.

I had my flu jab and have had a bad cold all week. It has made my Vertigo very bad at nights. Worst attack last night ever. Makes me feel so sick.

Surely for those of us who are suffering at the moment, things can only go up?

Hugs to all who need them. Hope the man servant is attending to your every need Eileen!!!!!

Margaret x
Carol B20/10/2017 11:50:43
2930 forum posts
767 photos
2 articles

Ouch Eileen,

Been there, done that, really feel for you. It is not the difficult 'shouldn't do' things that catch us out, but the simple little things like bending to pick up a pin!

As Margaret says - hope you are being looked after, hope you are too Margaret.

Hugs to you both, and get better quickly

Carol B face 23

maria hewitt20/10/2017 16:31:24
909 forum posts
169 photos

Hope your back is better soon Eilleen, I remeber many years ago mynow-ex- mother inlaw being prescibed total flat bedrest. the complete oppostite to todays thinking..

margaret, I too had my flu jab earlier this week, pretty much keeled over this morning,,bad sleep (and worry) ( dd is taking ds to work with her, i had visions of him causing accident by not screwing the lamps on tightly, and plugging the wrong cables in blowing stuff up.... I should know better   added to it,

my daughter says there is a particularly bad cold doing the rounds, so it could be that too. used to know all the bugs that were about when the kids were school age, I no longer have that network!. still, I've spent most of the day sleeping, and am feeling much better, despite sniffles.

hugs to all, lucky germs are not spread via the interweb,

Maria.

Eileen Foster20/10/2017 17:34:58
104 forum posts
98 photos

yes beloved is doing well in keeping me fed and watered. The advice these days is rest but move about and take ibrufren to reduce inflammation.

my brother had the flu jab and he has felt under the weather for the last week.

There is aweird cold going round that leaves you with a cough for about 6 weeks [grim].

putting socks on has been the worst bit as hubby doesn't like feet but he has been a gem.

vertigo is horrid. I had a middle ear infection a few years back and that was awful, I feel the swirling nausea for you Margaret.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
textile festival
Green Hill
lewis and irene
C&T publishing
Search Press
bredons
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues