By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
rosemary Rosenfeld17/07/2017 13:54:28
5105 forum posts
1362 photos
13 articles

Hi Carol....he did the same with us! I have taken up the free membership and also joined the "International Miniature Quilt Exchange" The title more or less says it all! My swap partner lives in St. Petersburg, Florida!

Best Rosemary

Margaret S17/07/2017 16:26:28
3661 forum posts
627 photos
I have had a free membership for years. You get the occasional free video to watch with the free membership. I watched a fantastic one a couple of months back. 2 hours of fmq feathers with Renee Allen.Well worth joining even with the free membership option.

Mind you, you do get a lot of email newsletters

Margaret
nel van woensel19/07/2017 17:57:30
1 forum posts

I will know in which Patchwork Magazine the pattern is from the bag with the cat he is making with log cabine blocks, anyone knows??? Nel

Margaret S27/07/2017 16:05:35
3661 forum posts
627 photos

Sorry cannot help you with that Nel. Anyone else know?

Margaret

Brenda in OZ29/07/2017 04:54:40
431 forum posts
138 photos
33 articles

Just want to say a belated thank you to Margaret for her help with the on-line edition of the magazine. Peter (DH) has been working on your suggestions and hopes to come up with an answer before the end of the year. I should have posted a thank you earlier but life does get in the way. A big thank you to you.>>

Hope you all have a good time at FOQ. It has been an ambition of mine to go to Birmingham and I would love to have been there last year to see all of your beautiful little quilts, meet up with everyone and to thank Katy and Liz for all their hard work. Don't think this year will be quite as interesting, it's a hard act to follow.>>

Since hanging up my quilting tools I have been busy finishing some UFO's. It's surprising what you find in the bottom of the box! We still have our Art Appreciation group meetings at the quilting club. This last month we had Van Gough as our artist and there were some amazing little quilts. I love to see members blossom! One of our group joined us just over a year ago and hadn't done much sewing. As the months have gone by she has become interested in thread painting and her piece was amazing considering the short time she has been experimenting. The second picture is thread paining and drawing with pencil done by another member.

I cheated and printed a couple of his paintings onto fabric and made a bag (of course)

dot.jpg judy.jpg

We are off on holiday next week so I may not be able to look in as frequently. Hope you all enjoy FOQ.

Brenda in OZ

Margaret S02/08/2017 13:58:18
3661 forum posts
627 photos
BBC online news - Playing brain games is 'of little benefit' says a report by the Global Council on Brain Health and recommends that people engage in stimulating activities such as designing a quilt.

So there you go - we are all keeping our brains healthy!!!!

Margaret
Sylvia02/08/2017 20:05:58
1956 forum posts
320 photos

Gosh, crosseyed from reading so many posts trying to catch up from missing so much whilse I had lots of family here and didn't have time.#

All gone now, boo hoo, was lovely.

Can only remember a few things to say without looking through everything again! Fiona and Maria I think you are both GREAT and obviously very brave and together ladies. Just don't do too much. My thoughts and love are with you both. Big hugs.

We have Tour de France on continuously in this house!!! Therefore I could have seen the lovely area in which you live Margaret but didn't know. Pity.

It is stinking hot here at present, breaking all records. The only thing we can do in afternoon is stay quiet and go to bottom of house and be calm. Not much better now at 9.30 but I would still rather be here than anywhere else.

Guess FoQ is quite soon so have a wonderful time all who are going.

This year I am going to St. Marie aux Mines with my Palma group. Have always wanted to see that one.

Margaret S03/08/2017 15:06:00
3661 forum posts
627 photos
On the way to the dentist I went into W H Smiths. The latest P&Q was cellophane wrapped with a giveaway - a free copy of the June PP magazine.

Margaret
Winnie the B.O.L.B03/08/2017 18:04:12
3261 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Sylvia - yes, it's a pity you missed seeing this gorgeous part of France - it is truly beautiful. Thank you for thinking of me. Glad you had such a lovely time with you family though. Do try to keep inside out of the dreadful heat, Sylvia - it sounds frightening from our TV news here. It's pretty exhausting here in the South West (37/38c at times) but we are nothing like the South East of France with it's wild fires which in itself is terrible enough never mind your part of Spain which is a complete nightmare. Do take care.

Margaret S - "our" magazine is definitely undergoing some strange changes these days!!! What next?

Winnie/Margaret xxx

Sue 6203/08/2017 22:49:28
504 forum posts
12 photos

I have to admit to feeling a little annoyed about the two mags being sold together. I wanted to buy British P&Q as it had a really good write up about the Gwent Quilters group to which several of my sewing friends belong. As I'm a subscriber to PP onne of my friends will benefit from the extra copy next week!!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
textile festival
Green Hill
lewis and irene
bredons
C&T publishing
Search Press
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues