By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Fiona14/07/2017 19:23:15
3061 forum posts
449 photos

Winnie and Margaret, I don't have Freeview either but I believe you can watch the videos on Youtube. However, once you've fast forwarded through all the sales pitch, there's hardly anything left to watch! Much the same with the sewing programmes on Creat and Craft. From the little bits I've seen, I'm not surprised that their advice on bias binding was so wrong.

Maria, I'm so pleased you have a date for September and can look forward to complete recovery. Personally, I'm finding life a bit of a struggle at the moment. I certainly am better than 3 months ago but it's a long, slow haul and it's taking me a while to get my head to acknowledge that this is the new "me" and I may never get back to what I once considered normal. But I will get there, eventually!

In the meantime, I am back to teaching a friend once a week at home and just sewing when I have enough energy! Even EPP can be too much some days but I am enjoying a biggish project. It's for a challenge at one of my groups so will be top secret until December! I'm also halfway through a QAYG quilt for my aunt's 80th birthday and halfway through appliquing hexies to a tablecloth for another 80th birthday present. Not to mention quilting my version of Pat Sloan's Winter Solstice. (I was just enjoying looking at everyone's blocks online then thought why not at the end and dived in...yes, I know I'm obviously nuts!)

Having had a busy week with home-ed activities for miss, I'm happily looking forward to a quiet weekend at home and getting on with some sewing. Hope you all manage some too.x

Winnie the B.O.L.B14/07/2017 21:24:32
3188 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Hi Fiona - Lovely to hear from you - thanks for taking the time to add your words to our info about the sewing programme - by the sound of it, I don't think I'll spend much sewing time, hunting for it!!!! Apart from it being great to hear from you, I can't believe how much you are achieving and still believing that you aren't doing "enough"!! If this is you not being "normal" - can't wait to see you when you are again!!!! Take care in the meantime.

Winnnie/Margaret xxx

rosemary Rosenfeld16/07/2017 11:10:48
4921 forum posts
1224 photos
13 articles

How was your day Carol...it looks like you had 2 different talks! Rx

Winnie the B.O.L.B16/07/2017 12:30:19
3188 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Rosemary/Carol - have I missed a post from Carol about a 'show" day you went to Carol? I have been looking for one a recent one that i missed where you mentioned 2 talks? probably staring me in th eface!

Winnie/Margaret xxx

Winnie the B.O.L.B16/07/2017 12:37:29
3188 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Another topic - does anyone have any thoughts on why we seem to "lose" most of our "new" members these days? I was just looking through our lists of Forum Posts and saw quite a lots of "Newbies" under different headings and, apart from Rosemary's lovely Sheila, almost everyone seems to have disappeared after a fairly short space of time. Really sad as they started off really enthusiastically. I was just wondering why.

Winnie/Margaret xx

PS - sorry if any of our "newer" members think I have missed them out - if I have, it means I mustn't feel as if you are still a "newbie" - you must already have become "one of us" - just like Sheila has!

rosemary Rosenfeld16/07/2017 12:46:35
4921 forum posts
1224 photos
13 articles

Hi Margaret..... to answer your first question.....last Saturday I went to a Ricky Tims "day" in Romsey and yesterday Carol was going to something similar in/near Manchester.

As to your second point....I don't have an answer to that one! Sorry! Best Rosemary

Edited By rosemary Rosenfeld on 16/07/2017 12:47:03

Carol B16/07/2017 14:04:00
2881 forum posts
608 photos
2 articles

Fiona,

Good to hear that you have improved over the last few months. I know that you say you are struggling at the moment but considering everything you are doing I think you are doing fantastically well. I hope you got your quite weekend with some sewing. Take care

R,

Yes it was a great day thanks, the talks were Fear not the A word and Just a Quilting Fool, we also got lunch and as much tea and coffee as we could drink. Ricky has a very relaxed manner, very funny anecdotes and a wealth of knowledge. I believe he will be at the FOQ next year - something to look forward to.

Margaret/Winnie,

DH bought me the ticket as a special treat, he also had a good day because after he dropped me in Middleton he drove across to the East Lancs railway and had fun riding the trains. Hope you are feeling brighter,

Carol B face 23

Winnie the B.O.L.B16/07/2017 16:08:37
3188 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Hi Rosemary and Carol - I knew you had been to Ricky Tims, Rosemary and actually remembered that Carol was going "soon" but thought I had missed her post about her day!! Sounds great Carol - glad both you AND Mike had a super day! I'm hoping to get to FOQ next year so maybe I'll get the thrill of seeing him too.

Margaret/Winnie xxx

rosemary Rosenfeld16/07/2017 23:00:30
4921 forum posts
1224 photos
13 articles

Hi all....I have just watched the most amazing program.....part of the imagine series...which we recorded yesterday evening! It was about the artist Chris Ofili and designing and making a tapestry. It was on BBC and was just so beautiful...catch it if you can on i-player! Best Rosemary

Carol B17/07/2017 13:47:47
2881 forum posts
608 photos
2 articles

Hi everyone,

I know that some of you know of Ricky Tims through his books and his fantastic Rhapsody Quilts, and many others, like myself, know him through TheQuiltShow. On Saturday I was talking to some of the other quilters who attended the Ricky Tims talks and was surprised to find that they did not know of the QuiltShow. Ricky mentioned it during his talks and invited people to look at it and possibly join. Following a chat with Ricky I promised to spread the word among my quilting friends –

so as I consider all the forum members my friends here goes,

For any of you who do not know, Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson did a TV show some years ago in the USA called TheQuiltShow, then they decided to run the show online only. Here is the link

www.thequiltshow.com

People can take out a FREE membership which gives them access to a Daily Blog with lots of interesting quilting items and the occasional free viewing of shows and classes.

A paid membership gives access to all the shows that have been produced – they run at 1 a month, plus classes, and lots more. Many well known quilters have featured on the shows and each has passed on some of their knowledge on each visit.

Even if you are not interested in joining the show, the website is well worth a look.

Hope this information is of interest to at least a few of you, as I feel it is always good to hear of new sources of quilt info and the possible roads it can lead us down.

Thimble face 23x

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Design Competition

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
Armator AS
lewis and irene
textile festival
warm company us
C&T publishing
JB Quilting Fabrics
Search Press
SewAndSo
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues