By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Margaret S16/06/2017 08:31:05
3633 forum posts
622 photos

Brenda

I am not very techy and I don't know whether this is current and still possible. I searched for 'Subscriptions FAQs MyTimeMedia' and came up with this -

Someone noticed that they could read the digital magazine on their computer using a Microsoft Silverlight reader or a Flash reader and wanted to know why this wasn't mentioned by the magazine. They got a waffly answer saying that it wasn't actively promoted because it won't give you access to historic issues BUT it will allow you to read your subscription issues even if your subscription has expired, whereas, as you have been told, the Online Archive only allows you access whilst you have a subscription.

Margaret

Alison16/06/2017 09:08:08
1832 forum posts
237 photos
1 articles

I too will not be renewing my subscription when it becomes due.

I agree with Winnie the atmosphere on here has changed, I always found it difficult to post but now I find it almost impossible. It doesn't help that when I take the time to do something for someone, they don't take a minute to say thank you straight away, -it's happened more than once- it makes me feel like the invisible woman, so why make the effort to post if no-one's going to notice.

Alison.

Tessa16/06/2017 10:25:46
5762 forum posts
625 photos
13 articles

Agree whole heartedly with you as well Alison... things have changed...even though we still have a lot of the old gang still posting, we don't have the number of posts that we used to have... lots of disgruntled subscribers.

My payment for the mag will be coming out shortly for the next three months, then when it comes out of my account in September, I'll be cancelling.... that will take me to the end of the year.

If I ever need inspiration I have the PP magazines going back to 2006.... I can always go through those and get a lift from past articles and projects and the good times when we all contributed.

Next year will be a Festival of Quilts for me... here's hoping we can all still meet up and have some fun. I will continue to keep an eye on this forum though. Don't want to loose touch completely.

Tessa xx

Alexandra Marshall16/06/2017 12:09:48
6 forum posts
2 photos
71 articles

Hi Everyone,

Having now got my feet under the table and finally coming up for air, I thought it was high time to say a very belated hello to you all! It has been a veritable whirlwind taking over the reins from Liz Betts, but with 4 issues under my belt I’m beginning to get the hang of it! Fortunately, Liz is still a big part of the magazine and is now our technical Editor- so rest assured you’re still in safe hands!

Alongside Liz, on the editorial side we have Julie Sheridan who is the Deputy Editor and looks after the house pages including the News and Reviews, Q&A’s and the Patchwork of my life features. Alex Marshall is now looking after the website alongside her other role as magazine designer on our sister title British Patchwork and Quilting. Sadly, as most of you will know, Katy Purvis has moved onto pastures new and is sorely missed by all of us, not least here on the forum! And last but not least, we have Julie Bentley who is the talented designer responsible for making it all look lovely as she designs the pages of the magazine.

Prior to becoming PP Editor, I Edited Knitting magazine and Making magazine so deadlines, publishing and craft (and the organised chaos that comes with it) has been a part of my life for many years. From commissioning the varied mix of projects each month to styling the photoshoots and checking everything is on track, it’s an often challenging job, but one which I love and feel very lucky to have.

It has been great to see all your comments and observations on the forum, and the sense of community you have all created feels very strong. We will all be going to the FOQ in August, so do come and say hi if you are going to be there as it would be lovely to put some faces to you all!

In the meantime, I would like to thank you all for your continued support. Our aim is always to produce a varied and interesting magazine, so please let us know what you like, what you would like to see more of or anything you would like included and wherever possible we will try to accommodate you.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Emma

Editor.pp@mytimemedia.com

rosemary Rosenfeld17/06/2017 21:27:52
5032 forum posts
1337 photos
13 articles

Hi All....has anyone else read about quilters on either side of the political device in America creating a big kerfuffle! If you Google..." How quilting got torn apart by American politics" .....it should take you to a link to an article on BBC! Best​ Rosemary

Margaret S17/06/2017 22:31:16
3633 forum posts
622 photos
Read it this morning Rosemary and really could not believe it! Thought that quilters were better than that.
Last Saturday I was at a workshop and we talked about our election. We had different political views but managed a constructive conversation! No one came to blows!

Margaret
Kimberly18/06/2017 07:57:52
1145 forum posts
165 photos
1 articles

I had heard about that and I think the media might have blown it up a bit, or perhaps they just opened the window to how it is and I've been naïve.

It's obscene that people can let religion or politics get in the way of creativity. I have friends who think the polar opposite of political agenda's than I do. We avoid those subjects. My friendships are more important to me than the joker in the White House (as a Yankee in the UK, I get to complain about both sides of the pond YIPPEE!).

However, make no mistakes, Quilting is Big Business in the states and that means BIG Bucks to be had, add to that small minds (with a sheeps tendency to follow a leader), and you have a recipe for the kind of thinking that can begger belief. Cronies, cliques, and "the In-Crowd", are exclusive, be it in the workplace, school, the local parish council, a craft magazine or a forum. Being exclusive might keep the riff-raff out, but it also leads to in-breeding and eventually it dies out. As we are seeing.

Alison, I feel badly that you felt apprehensive about posting. WE never wanted that to be the case. All are welcome and all are wanted! I've gotten very busy with my quilting, my ill husband and reading so I can be close to DH when he's feeling puny. We must hold on to the friendships we've formed here! Mandy I look at my clock that you made and think about you daily. Tessa and I keep in touch outside of the forum as we have for years along with a few others who have left the forum, but never our hearts. Winnie, as God is my witness, if I can get my little Aunt over to this side of the pond, I'm going to try to get her to come with me to visit your B&B! Make new friends, keep the old, one is silver, the other gold.

Hugs ya'll! Kimmers and sorry about the rant!

Claire Bear18/06/2017 18:40:44
1813 forum posts
405 photos

I too read the article and just feel sad that in the 21st century people feel the need to persecute and exclude people that don't subscribe to someone else's way of thinking. Personally, I think there is so much bad in the world, tolerance and acceptance should be practised much more.

I think also the realisation that people in power sometimes just say things to get a sound bite rather than actually meaning what they say should be realised by Joe public more. I personally feel lucky that I live in a mostly liberal country that is accepting and allows people to live their lives as they wish.

I also feel sad about how unhappy people are feeling on the forum. I love this place and chatting to you all has pushed me to get on with my quilting and improve as a quilter. I too feel that the missing bag issue and that the issues are getting a bit samey does make me question whether I will continue subscribing.

Emma - thank you for the post. It's nice to know you are out there. For me there is so much exciting creativity going on. Right now I'm following works by Lynette Anderson and Gail pan who combine quilting with stitcher you. Also there is a Russian quilter called Lolenya who makes beautiful little Japanese Patchwork items. It would be lovely to have some varied projects big quilts with other smaller projects.

Well now my monologue is over I just want to say I would hate to not see all you ladies beautiful work and inspiration. Maybe we should create a Facebook group to keep the love going!

Big hugs

Claire xx

Edited By Claire Bear on 18/06/2017 18:42:19

maria hewitt19/06/2017 14:26:18
908 forum posts
169 photos

I skimmed over the political article, the whole of social media has become an area of people putting out nasty comments, as they think they are anonymouse. I chose to ignore as much as I can.

I chose to believe that most of the worlds population are kind and generous, and if you cant be that, then keep it to yourself.secret

We must all try to maintain our friendships, especially at this volatile time, so thank you all for being my friends, even though I have never met you in person. ( maybe one year at FOQ ? visitors coming this year, so its off the agenda. )

Love to all,hughug 2heart

Maria.

Edited By maria hewitt on 19/06/2017 14:27:22

Emma Kennedy20/06/2017 09:21:10
19 forum posts

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know I have asked the Subscription manager Kate, to clarify how subscribers will be compensated for the missing bag issue. Kate has only just returned from maternity leave, and is looking into it now-so hopefully we will have an answer for you shortly. Apologies to any of you who have already made enquiries!

With regards to bag patterns, we will include a bag pattern in every issue, which I appreciate isn't quite the same as an entire dedicated issue, but hopefully a nod in the right direction! Let us know who your favourite bag designers are and what styles you particularly like or would like to have a pattern for and we'll see what we can do.

In the meantime, I hope you're all enjoying the weather!

Emma

Edited By Emma Kennedy on 20/06/2017 11:52:13

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Green Hill
lewis and irene
Janome
textile festival
Search Press
SewAndSo
bredons
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues