By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Chat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Sylvia16/05/2017 09:12:11
1895 forum posts
311 photos

have a wonderful break rosemary.

i am off on a last minute cheapie cruise from palma with friend. hope being waited on will stop me doing stupid things with my left arm!

Winnie the B.O.L.B16/05/2017 09:27:07
3154 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Have a lovely time, Sylvia - and please make sure you come back with all limbs in on piece!

Sorry I've not been "obviously" on the Forum very much recently. When my epilepsy seizures are frequent - as they recently have been - annoyingly so - my brain/speech/hand co-ordination, as well as thought processes are lousy and it takes me an impossibly long time to type/sew etc. I have still been trying to keep up with everyone's "doings" though by logging on and looking/reading - some beautiful work and interesting chat from you all.

It's all working bit better today so I'm taking advantage of that to post this.

Please realise that I am NOT looking for sympathy, just wanting you to know I haven't lost interest and vanished from the scene.

Winnie/Margaret xx

Sylvia16/05/2017 10:08:20
1895 forum posts
311 photos

love and hugs winnie. i mustn't complain. xxxxxxxxx

rosemary Rosenfeld17/05/2017 17:30:31
4825 forum posts
1190 photos
13 articles

Afternoon everyone....had a super day....wine is cooling...dinner is organised! I recommend Liverpool! Rx

Glenda F18/05/2017 17:22:07
1606 forum posts
209 photos

Hi everyone

Sorry I have not been around much but work has been getting in the way and not had much time for sewing as tired when I get in from work

Hugs to everyone who needs one and anyone who would like one

There has been some lovely bits of work well done everyone

Glenda

Carol B20/05/2017 11:51:03
2844 forum posts
602 photos
2 articles

Nice to 'see' you Glenda, thanks for the offer of a hug.

Sylvia & Winnie, hope you are both improving and you are enjoying the cruise Sylvia.

Rosemary, glad you like Liverpool, hope you had a lovely anniversary (sorry the wishes are a little late I have been under the weather recently).

Just had a spam email in using the address of my cousin who died a year ago, not nice sad

Take care everyone

Thimble face 23x

rosemary Rosenfeld21/05/2017 12:42:13
4825 forum posts
1190 photos
13 articles

fab 4 2.jpg

from our window4.jpg

Just a couple of photos from our trip...... this really was the view from out bedroom window! Rx

Winnie the B.O.L.B21/05/2017 13:35:13
3154 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Rosemary......... FAB-ulous!! I am old enough that I was lucky enough to see the "real McCoy" once upon a time - those of the first photo that is. I've never been to Liverpool so I haven't had the pleasure of seeing the second one! Glad you had such a super time.

Just a wee word on a different subject.

BEWARE BATIKS!! I absolutely love them and I use them at every opportunity. So far, so good - until this morning!! I had just finished quite a complicated block and there was a half square triangle that was a bit creased and just the iron wasn't making it as smooth as I wanted it to be so I sprayed it with a tiny drop of water; hey presto, the dye ran all over between the minute piece of batik and the all the surrounding cream solids!!!! Now, the advice with batiks - that I have had, at least - is not to pre-wash, so I don't and I haven't had a problem before this but I have had to unpick and redo quite a large part of this block in order to replace the parts where the dye bled over!! Grrrrrr. It won't stop me loving batiks but it will make me more aware of the possible pitfalls.

Will put this in a new thread as well.

Winnie/Margaret xxxx

Myra of Cheadle21/05/2017 14:56:06
575 forum posts
123 photos

Rosemary,

That was a view!

DD and I helped sail TS Pelican from Weymouth to Poole for her to be viewed at the Poole boat show this weekend.

We left Weymouth about 1pm on Monday, out into the channel. We had been sailing, well engine power, just over an hour and I was seasick. Dd took a photo of me asking to be back in a calligraphy class before I was seasick! The sails were out by then and I was around when there was a cheer for voyaging under sail power with no engine but until about 6pm I was out of action. I had a lay down, cup of tea and ate my evening meal and was on the bridge to pass into the Solent, see the Needles and anchor off Yarmouth for the night. No sickness after that.

Fabulous experience for Tuesday, using the RIB to visit Yarmouth and then sail in Poole harbour on Wednesday and more alongside Queen Galadriel and Nao Victoria. TS Royaĺist arrived later and had moored inside Queen Galadriel by Thursday as we sat on the harbour wall eating lunch.

Back home now and off to hear Prof Brian Cox at the Manchester Arena tonight and take dd back to Buxton and flat-sit while her broadband is fitted tomorrow. We have just put a chest of drawers carcass in the car, the drawers are in the shed until I visit again. She is still in halls but she has rented a flat for her final year and we are in the process of furnishing it... an IxxA delivery of 17 boxes has been assembled!

I will take my latest patchwork project to sew tomorrow , it is a Japanese patchwork squares with circles to make into a bag to take my things to Calligraphy, it won't be finished for this week but hopefully before the end of term! Too few partakers for the patchwork class to run and my alternate Monday evening Sewing Social was dissolved while I was on the ship I need to find some local alternatives!

TTFN Myra

maria hewitt21/05/2017 16:25:10
875 forum posts
155 photos
Thimble, sorry to hear about your spam, it must have been quite a shock.
Rosemary, your holiday looks great.
Myra, I empathise completely, I suffer easily from Mal de mere. And it was quite blowy at the beginning of the week. If I remember. I bet it as fantastic with all the training shops docked up together. Glad you recovered to enjoy that.
We have just hatched some quail chick's, they are tiny.
Maria

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Design Competition

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
textile festival
Janome
Just Hands On TV
JB Quilting Fabrics
bredons
warm company us
Colouricious
Search Press
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues