By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Photos

Cannot see any

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Joan09/01/2009 19:54:30
594 forum posts
8 photos
Is it just me but I cannot see any photos now we have the new system.?

Joan 

Katy09/01/2009 19:59:13
6486 forum posts
4192 photos
641 articles
Joan
There aren't any photos at the top of the forum threads at the moment, I will try to post some images in individual threads, but there are a lot to do so it might take some time
Bear with me!
Katy

Joan09/01/2009 20:37:43
594 forum posts
8 photos
Ok   thought I'd let you know , I cannot see hardly any photos on the threads,     I did'nt know if it was just me   or something,

Joan 

Angela F10/01/2009 09:26:44
83 forum posts
6 photos
Hi Katy,

Have been looking through the new pages........it's looking good, keep it coming.

Angela F
Katy10/01/2009 13:50:05
6486 forum posts
4192 photos
641 articles
Ok

Photos - where to start?

If you want to add a photo to your forum post, you need to add it to an album first.

ADDING IMAGES TO ALBUMS
1) go to your member profile and click on "My Photos"
2) To make a new album, click "Create a photo album", type a title, tick the "public" box and click "Create Album" OR  pick one of your existing albums
3)Click "Edit Album"
4)If it was a new album click "Upload Photos now" OR go to step 5
5)There are five boxes to upload photos, browse to your photos on your computer, one at a time for each box, you shouldn't need to worry too much about the size of the photo, unless its really huge
6)When you've picked your photo (s), Click "Upload Photo"
7)Fill in a title and a description, click "Save Changes", and you're done

ADDING YOUR OWN IMAGES TO FORUM POSTS
1)If your photo isn't in your album yet, go to ADDING IMAGES TO ALBUMS
2)Otherwise, press the "Picture" button in the message editor
3)You can now see a list of all your images,hopefully you gave them all good filenames, and you can tell which one you're looking for!
4)Click on the right file, and click "Insert"

All OK so far?

ADDING SOMEONE ELSE'S PICTURE TO A FORUM POST
This is a bit more complicated, but its useful if you want to make a comment about a new gallery image. This is a bit like when you could start a thread from a gallery item. I have asked if that can be written into the new system, but for now this might help. I'm giving you two lots of instructions depending on which browser you use. I use Firefox, but most people use Internet Explorer.

For Firefox users
1) Have a look at the fullsize image you want to comment on in the Albums
2) Right click on the image
3) This will open a menu, left click on "Copy Image Location" which is the third menu option from the top.
4) Go to the forum and start a new thread if you want one or find the thread you want to post in
5)Press the "Picture" button in the message editor
6)Below the list of all your images, there is a URL box,
7)Use "Paste" to enter the image location in this box
8)Click "Insert", your image should now appear

For Internet Explorer Users
1) Have a look at the fullsize image you want to comment on in the Albums
2) Right click on the image
3) This will open a menu, left click on "Properties" which is the last menu item in the list.
4)This will open a property sheet, look for "Address (URL)" in the middle. Highlight, and copy the address you find there.
4) Go to the forum and start a new thread if you want one or find the thread you want to post in
5)Press the "Picture" button in the message editor
6)Below the list of all your images, there is a URL box,
7)Use "Paste" to enter the image location in this box
8)Click "Insert", your image should now appear

I am trawling through the forum adding missing pictures where I find them, please don't be offended if I've not fixed yours yet,it will take a while

Thanks
Katy
Katy10/01/2009 14:06:57
6486 forum posts
4192 photos
641 articles
MISSING PHOTOS

Dear All,

I've had a good look around the albums to see which photos are missing, and this is my list

If you are one of the people below, please could you be very kind, and either repost your photo,if it was in an album which belonged to you, or email it to me if it was in a shared album. katy.purvis@myhobbystore.com

We have lost the following in the move
1)Zapping UFO's, various photos lost from this album, please would you all have a quick check and if your photo is missing, emal it to me or Janet if you have her address.
2)Postcard Group Three,  Katy's fruit postcard for Francoise. Francoise, please could you email me a copy?
3)Batik Swap, we've lost one photo, maybe Annette? again, please have a look and see if your images are all present and correct, if not email them to me.
4)My UFOs,  Caz, please would you have a look at what's missing here?
5)Angela's Art Quilts,  Angela, have we lost your two lovely postcards?
6)My Treasures, Kerstin, please can you investigate here?

Hope that is all
Katy

Kerstin10/01/2009 15:09:53
638 forum posts
118 photos
Hi Katy,

thanks for the hint. Not sure what was in wich order but I edited a bit. 

Kerstin
Katy10/01/2009 15:17:09
6486 forum posts
4192 photos
641 articles
Thanks Kerstin! 

Kerstin10/01/2009 15:30:42
638 forum posts
118 photos
Hi Katy,

I was not able to add my UFOs to the Zapping UFOs Album so I added those to my Album if you want you can move them over there. 

Kerstin
Katy10/01/2009 15:50:10
6486 forum posts
4192 photos
641 articles
Kerstin,

Please could you be very kind and email the UFO photos to me, katy.purvis@myhobbystore.com, as we can't edit other peoples albums at the moment?

Thanks
Katy

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sizzix
Janome
JB Quilting Fabrics
The Cotton Patch
Advertise With Us
Creative Grids
Threads and Patches
Subscription Gift!
Subscribe to Popular Patchwork and receive a FREE gift!
Contact us

Got a Popular Patchwork problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues