By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

February Challenge

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Jayne04/03/2018 12:00:28
637 forum posts
110 photos

20180228 - 12 days of christmas bunting.jpgWell thanks to Olympia I managed to sneak in a UFO at the end. My 12 days of Christmas Bunting a Mandy Shaw design that I started in January 2017, I got as far as the redwork, which quilted the flags at the same time. As my face fabric frayed a lot I had cut them bigger with the aim to trim them, but I was too scared to in case they were off centre. so they were put away until I plucked up the courage, thank you Emma.

12 days of christmas 1.jpg

Sue 6204/03/2018 13:13:48
536 forum posts
17 photos

Hi Emma, just read your last message. I do hope you managed to get home alright. I don't think any of us expected quite so much snow!! Sue*

Edited By Sue 62 on 04/03/2018 13:19:22

Sue 6204/03/2018 13:13:49
536 forum posts
17 photos

Love all the finished articles and think I may be using that block from the zig-zag quilt top as I still have lots of hsts from our swaps. Sue*

Edited By Sue 62 on 04/03/2018 13:20:11

Emma Kennedy05/03/2018 16:29:11
47 forum posts

Hi Sue,

I did manage to get home thank you. Julie Sheridan and I high-tailed it as the snow came in again on Friday afternoon, and had a fortuitous trip back to Brighton! We managed to jump on trains with seconds to spare and arrived home before the travel troubles started! I'm just putting a quick post about the show up in Chat if you're interested?

Emma Kennedy05/03/2018 16:33:51
47 forum posts

And the winners are....

Good afternoon everyone. Well as promised it’s time to announce the winners. As much as I love a competition, I hate having to choose a winner. As you can all see the amount of work you have all finished, you know I’m not just saying this!

But, here goes:

For sheer volume I think you will agree Rosemary and Margaret take this prize. Yes, I’m changing the rules and giving two here as it’s too difficult to choose between you both…and all I can say is …and breathe! Not just so many projects, but all of them lovely too.

The next prize goes to Reenie. I think everyone will agree your Birthday Block quilt is stunning. From the colour palette – which is so considered and works beautifully, to the awesome quilting. It really is a gorgeous quilt! Well done!

The prizes are all books:

Margaret: Quilt-as-you-go, Made Vintage: By Jera Brandvig

Rosemary: Kaffe fassett’s Brilliant little patchwork cushions and pillows

Reenie: East meets West quilts, by Patricia Belyea

Please all PM me your addresses and I’ll pop them in the post to you.

And last but not least, I would just like to say Jayne, I LOVE your bunting. It’s absolutely adorable - well done for slipping it in at the last minute! Carol B, your Alphabet block quilt is so pretty and gentle- quite dreamy to look at, and Brenda, the Ricky Timms-esque quilt is amazing. Even more so given you didn’t have a pattern!

Thank you for all joining in and rising to the challenge. It’s so cool dipping in and out and seeing what you’re all producing. I’m busy thinking of the next competition now. Spring must be on its way, so will think of something with this in mind. Having said that, I’m open to suggestions, so please feel free to holler if you have an idea you would like to share.

Well done everyone, and have you all have a lovely week,

Emma x

PS I’m hoping you have all seen the BOM comp in the magazine? I’ve extended the deadline to the 29th April, so plenty of time! The full details are going up on the website this week and all the blocks are also on the website, if you missed them!

Margaret S07/03/2018 19:45:49
3729 forum posts
649 photos
Thank you Emma. I am still on a roll - the UFO to finish in March is already chosen. Sadly, there seem to be a lot of UFOs awaiting completion.

Emma Kennedy08/03/2018 09:24:52
47 forum posts

Keep on rolling!- and keep us posted!

Off to post your book, so should be with you very soon.

rosemary Rosenfeld08/03/2018 14:50:52
5234 forum posts
1415 photos
13 articles

Thank you Emma....... my beautiful book has arrived already! Best Rosemary

Reenie10/03/2018 22:19:06
1010 forum posts
144 photos

Thank you very much for my book. It's nice to come home and find a wee parcel waiting for you!

A good challenge, Emma - it certainly brought out some good work - well done everyone!

Best wishes

Margaret S14/03/2018 08:02:20
3729 forum posts
649 photos
Thank you Emma for the lovely book. I usually only look at the pictures but I have read this one!

Enjoyed the challenge.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
textile festival
The Cotton Patch
Search Press
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues