By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

can anyone help?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eileen Foster21/09/2017 18:04:42
104 forum posts
98 photos

am going on a patchwork/basket making course. I don't want to appear a total numpty but one of the requirements is cotton interlining. this will not be visible in the final product.

what is cotton interlining?

google suggests its used as a curtain lining is this what it will be?

thanks in advance

Eileen

Margaret S21/09/2017 18:12:15
3642 forum posts
623 photos
Eileen

They probably mean something like calico or sheeting? Do you think it is going to be a foundation?

Someone else may know better.

Margaret
Margaret S21/09/2017 18:42:06
3642 forum posts
623 photos
Eileen

Cottonpatch have some stuff called Timtex but it is not cotton. They may mean something like this.

Can you ask them what they actually want?

Margaret
Eileen Foster21/09/2017 20:31:16
104 forum posts
98 photos

it looks like that is what I am going to have to do.

thanks for offering suggestions.

eileen

Winnie the B.O.L.B22/09/2017 11:00:34
3248 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Eileen - I think it COULD be the fabric that is used as interlining for curtains - not the insulating one, just the one that is used to give "body" to the curtains. It is used between the face fabric and the normal curain lining and so it isn't seen, just as you are describing. The "proper' one is made of cotton and it is thicker than normal lining but not as thick as a wadding. I've not got time to have a look on line right now but will try later on. Maybe Amazon will show something - it would be listed as "Curtain Interlining - cotton" I may be way off beam but I thought it worth mentioning.

Winnie/Margaret xxx

Eileen Foster22/09/2017 21:00:13
104 forum posts
98 photos

thanks winnie/Margaret that's brilliant ta.

know what to look for now.

x

Winnie the B.O.L.B22/09/2017 22:09:28
3248 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

I just replied to you on a PM - I'm as bad as you _ you'll know what I mean when you read it!!!!!

Winnie/Margaret xx

Eileen Foster23/09/2017 12:43:03
104 forum posts
98 photos

the course organiser says mid weight calico is what she meant.

thanks for the suggestions though.

x

Winnie the B.O.L.B23/09/2017 13:10:55
3248 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Glad you got the info you needed Eileen - maybe the nice lady organising it will give that explanation next time and then her students will know right away!! Have a lovely time on the course now.

Winnie/Margaret xx

Eileen Foster24/09/2017 08:59:40
104 forum posts
98 photos

yes indeed.

the other ladies have worked with her before, I am the newbie. So perhaps everyone else knew.

I'm really looking forward to it. we will be only about 10 miles from Bungay [Suffolk] where there is the Sew &So shop. apparently a patchworkers heaven. the advert in one of my mags says they stock 6,000 [yes 6,000] bolts of fabric laugh

eileen

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
textile festival
Green Hill
lewis and irene
C&T publishing
Search Press
bredons
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues