By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Quilts

Turned applique

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Christine Hamlyn-Payne17/05/2017 16:23:36
1 forum posts

Hello everyone

I am new here and have a question. I have made a few basic patchwork quilts with some success, but recently I came across turned appliqué quilt which was (in my opinion) simply beautiful. There are many different designs, but the one I liked was a Christmas one, made up from applique panels and then, (I assume) pieced together.

I imagine, given the three layers and then the applique, these would be quite stiff. Can anyone tell me if these are used as wall hangings or are actually okay to snuggle under please. I would like to try and make one as a gift for my daughter, but she would use it as a smuggler in a chair...

Many thanks

Kris

Glenda F18/05/2017 17:27:15
1629 forum posts
214 photos

Hi kris

Have made appliqué quilts and they have been fine . I would say go for it . Looking forward to seeing it when it is done

Glenda

rosemary Rosenfeld18/05/2017 18:10:19
5104 forum posts
1362 photos
13 articles

I'm with Glenda...... not a problem at all Kris! I look forward to seeing what you make! Best Rosemary

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
Green Hill
The Cotton Patch
textile festival
lewis and irene
bredons
C&T publishing
Search Press
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues