PP Birthday Club 2017

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Marian T26/09/2017 17:06:11
4495 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles

Hi Fiona

Thank you for my squishie which arrived today.

Marian thumbs up

Marian T29/09/2017 08:26:34
4495 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles

Hi Sandy

Thank you for my squishie which arrived today. It's in a basket with Fiona's keeping it company. smiley

I hope after the stressful time of late that you and all of your family are doing well now.

Marian XX

Marian T02/10/2017 11:54:46
4495 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles

Hi Mandy,

I've posted your squishie to the new address provided so it will there soon. Hope you are doing okay.

Marian x

mandy02/10/2017 17:57:03
1061 forum posts
152 photos

Thanks Marian, I will let you know when it arrives.

2 squishie have arrived and I can't remember who sent them....sorry but I will find out.

I have been a bit fed up as I was due to move into my new home on Friday and the buyer for this one dropped out on Friday gone........but never mind I have now resigned myself to the fact that I'll just have to stay here a bit longer- so have unpacked and brought more of my things from the marital home.......He has finally realised I'm not going back.

Mandy

Marian T02/10/2017 19:32:23
4495 forum posts
466 photos
7 articles

That's a shame Mandy but it'll all work out in due course and at least some things are getting through to him now. Good that you've got your things around you and you can make it comfortable and bide your time. It'll happen before you know it so stay positive.

M XXX

Sandy04/10/2017 10:21:54
1161 forum posts
174 photos

All the best Mandy in this difficult time for you. I wish you a bright future.

Thank you Marian for letting me know.

Our grandson is now 6 months into the leukaemia treatment program. He turns 2 at the end of October and is happy when he can be. Our daughter and son-in-law are bearing up well but it is tough. This part of the treatment is a fortnightly process - one day of chemo, then fluids for 3 - in hospital (mum and toddler) - then home hoping there are few side effects. This drug causes mucositis - mouth ulcers which can affect all the digestive tract. The first dose saw them back in hospitable on morphine. The second dose was not as strong, but this third one was like the first - so everyone is waiting and watching. We have finally had a month at home after 5 trips to help them out. Our daughter also broke her shoulder and wrist falling off her push bike 2 months back. We are going up the week before Christmas to celebrate with them. The interim treatment will be steroids then more them but a different type. Naturally we are tired but are coping with the situation - over reacting sometimes, patient other times.

I did have a lovely phone conversation with our daughter today and then with our 5 year old grand daughter - gee they grow up quickly. It has been nice to be home long enough to feel like sewing too. maybe the baby quilt will be bound for Christmas time but first a gift for a 2 year old little boy with a sunny smile.

Cheers Everyone and all the best. Hope your Autumn is lovely. x Sandy

Sue 6207/10/2017 00:06:04
506 forum posts
12 photos

Hi Mandy,

Posting your squishie in the morning. Sue*

Sue 6207/10/2017 00:32:52
506 forum posts
12 photos

Hi Marian,

Yours is ready to go too. Sue*

Eileen Foster07/10/2017 16:38:21
144 forum posts
112 photos

Can I show my ignorance yet again? what is a squishie?

sorry to hear the house fell through Mandy but something better will come along . the same happened to my sister in law when she and her partner broke up. When the house fell through she was very down but 3 months later she found an even nicer one in a nicer area. Stay positive.

Margaret S07/10/2017 17:13:46
3662 forum posts
627 photos
A squishie is a parcel or birthday envelope that feels squishy because of the fabric inside it. As simple as that. Someone used the expression years ago and it stuck, and of course we do not know what is inside until the big day. All we can do is squeeze it!

Margaret

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
Green Hill
textile festival
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
Search Press
SewAndSo
bredons
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues