By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Accuquilt die compatability

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
June14/09/2016 19:18:33
335 forum posts
55 photos

Hello everyone, I've been given a die by Spellbinder and wondered if it was ok to use it in my Accuquilt Go and if so, how best to use it?

Don't want to use it if will damage my cutter.

Many thanks

June xx

pamela jeffrey15/09/2016 09:58:05
3107 forum posts
110 photos

Hello June

Not sure if you can use other dies. Not worth the risk

Bye Pam

June15/09/2016 19:15:33
335 forum posts
55 photos

Hi Pamela,

I know it can be used in the Sizzix & in the Cuttlebug type machines and the dies from them can be used in the Accuquilt so I thought it might be ok to use the Spellbinder in it too.

However, as you say, I really do not want to risk damaging my Accuquilt.

Was really hoping someone on here would know but if not I'm certainly not going to risk it.

Cheery

June x

pamela jeffrey15/09/2016 22:14:32
3107 forum posts
110 photos

Hello June

Not sure else on here has the Accuquilt machine now.

Can you not ask where you bought it from

bye pam

Margaret S16/09/2016 10:34:48
3671 forum posts
631 photos
Maybe contact Spellbinder and ask if your gift would work in an Accuquilt machine?

Margaret
June16/09/2016 22:14:42
335 forum posts
55 photos

Noticed that Hobbycraft had some Spellbinder dies so messaged them on fb. They have advised that the dies are usually used for papercraft rather than quilting machines and so would not recommend it.

Mind you the Spellbinder web site does give instructions for using them with sizzix etc (though not accuquilt).

On balance I won't be putting it anywhere near my accuquilt.....though not sure what I'm going to do with it! lol

Thanks for all the help

June xx

susan faria08/08/2017 14:28:02
3 forum posts

hello, only accuquilt dies fit accuquilt machines, there depth is the smallest, also if you use some other dies in other machine the warrenty is invalidated, but the sizzix big shot will be able to fit the spellbinder die as it is the same size. but same rules apply on warrenty.

best wishes Susan

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
textile festival
Green Hill
Janome
The Cotton Patch
bredons
Sarik
Search Press
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues