Friendship Swap 2016/7

It does what it says in the title

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Claire Bear12/05/2017 17:37:32
1821 forum posts
406 photos

Hi Carol,

I must apologise but I am also behind with your Owl block. I had a really nice pattern from a previous project and have spent the last 2 weeks trying to find it. I have obviously filed it in my very safe place....grrrrr!

I'm on holiday for a few days to celebrate my birthday but once I'm back, I will crack in with your block.

Hugs Claire x

Winnie the B.O.L.B12/05/2017 19:04:07
3261 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Hi Claire - how strange, I have one of these very safe places too - is yours an almost bottomless pit like mine? I suspect they look virtually the same and are in th esame part of your house as mine is in mine!

Winnie/Margaret xx

Claire Bear14/05/2017 20:37:51
1821 forum posts
406 photos

Winnie,

I have long suspected that I have a unknown doorway that connects to a blackhole or some distant part of the galaxy.

I had a whole series of gorgeous patterns from a wildlife themed sampler quilt and one of them was a lovely owl. I can now only find the badger and all the others have been sucked into the ether. It is so frustrating.

LOL!

rosemary Rosenfeld20/05/2017 08:27:41
5112 forum posts
1362 photos
13 articles

Hi Carol....... I've had an email from Denise with a photo attached....... so another owl is flying to you!!

Best Rosemary

Winnie the B.O.L.B20/05/2017 09:19:50
3261 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Hi Carol...... I've seen him and he's a real cutie!

Love Winnie xxx

Carol B20/05/2017 11:46:14
2940 forum posts
768 photos
2 articles

Claire,

hope you enjoy your holiday and had a great birthday. My DH thinks my sewing room is a black hole because so much fabric and thread have disappeared into it wink 2, it is amazing what hides in there just when I want it.

Thanks Rosemary & Winnie, I shall leave a loft window open for owl arrival.

Sheila,

I finally made it to the postbox yesterday afternoon so your block is on its way.

Carol B face 23x

Carol B24/05/2017 13:49:39
2940 forum posts
768 photos
2 articles

Denise,

Merci beaucoup pour la chouette, c'est excellent.

owl from denise.jpg

Winnie & Rosemary, you were right, it is really cute face 1,

Winnie, please can you pass on my thanks to Denise if she does not check the forum.

Carol B face 23x

Winnie the B.O.L.B24/05/2017 14:45:06
3261 forum posts
190 photos
1 articles

Will do, Carol - no problem..... she will be really "chuffed"; she had a lot of fun doing it and was proud of the result. She is a lovely lady who has been really quite ill recently so morale boosting is great for her.

I think Anita's will be on its way to you soon too - as will "another" one from me - explanation to follow!!!!!!!

I told Dany yesterday afternoon to "abandon" her VERY complicated owl block model she was doing for you - and do something much simpler. I hope you don't mind but her life is horrendous enough already without that. She is going to look out an appliqué version - the original one she was doing was a paper pieced one with over 35 pieces!!!!

Sorry - my gang are being very typically French with your owl block Carol - that is to say - we are almost all LATE!!!

Winnie/Margaret xx

SHEILA NIXON27/05/2017 10:41:32
25 forum posts
15 photos

Carols block.jpg

Thank you so much Carol for this lovely block, perfect! Being relatively new to patchwork I didn't know there were so many designs! Sheila x

Carol B29/05/2017 19:30:42
2940 forum posts
768 photos
2 articles

Sheila,

Glad you like the block and it reached you ok. It is amazing how many different blocks there are, have you looked at Thequiltindex.org, a huge list smiley. If I tried one a day I would be going for years, now there's an idea wink 2

Margaret,

I think we covered everything in your above posting during our chat, but please reassure everyone, especially Dani - I am quite happy to wait for the owls to fly in as and when the senders can manage

Carol B face 23

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
Green Hill
textile festival
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
Search Press
SewAndSo
bredons
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues