By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Sandy

Here is a list of all the postings Sandy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
21/11/2017 06:31:16

Margaret gee I hope you recover soon, too. Sunshine for you too then. Cheers Sandy

21/11/2017 06:29:09

Dear Jayne,

All the best and I hope you have a speedy recovery - even though it has been so long already. I will try and send you a bit of Australian sunshine.

Love Sandy

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2017
21/11/2017 06:26:39

My December squishes are in the mail - apologies if they get to you very early but with the postal service I never know.

I too will not participate next year 2018 but will keep an eye on how the swap goes.

Have a great Christmas everyone.

It has been a pleasure to be part of this birthday celebration swap.

Love to all Sandy

29/10/2017 01:53:08

HI BERYL, YOUR BIRTHDAY SQUISHY WILL BE IN THE POST ON MONDAY - JUST HOPE IT ARRIVES IN TIME - OUR POSTAL SERVICE IS SLOW NOWADAYS. CHEERS SANDY

Thread: Hug Hearts for August
23/10/2017 07:10:23

Thank you for the link Jayne. The quilt looks so wonderful I am tempted to try it but will need to search out and through my stash.

A daunting task. I usually make so much mess pulling things out - grinning.

Cheers Sandy

22/10/2017 22:42:21

Happy belated Birthday greetings from me too Marian. Hectic life here - spring and pruning that has to be done before the heat of summer - specially around the electric power lines.

Trust you celebrated your day in a manner you enjoyed. Cheers Sandy

Thread: Hug Hearts for August
22/10/2017 22:36:32

These are all so lovely. Thank you for sharing. You have helped me so much everyone. Now I have some ideas of how to use my hug hearts. All the best Sandy

18/10/2017 09:33:49

Hooray found this wonderful group again.

Thank you so much for your hearts in the past. My husband is going really well but still on the wait and watch list - which we have accepted and are getting on with our lives. We even have 3 grandchildren now - 2 girls and one little boy, who is not well but we are stronger now.

Now I wish to put them into a quilt/cushion/bag but just cannot think of a design or a way to include them all. Any ideas would be so welcome. Thank you everyone again for the hearts they came at the right time each time.

Love to every one, Sandy in sunny Canberra.

Fingers crossed those frosts and below zero nights are passed.

Sandy

18/10/2017 09:22:25

Have a wonderful time Mandy, then enjoy your parcels when you get back.

I am asking for some ideas of how to incorporate a number of healing hearts you lovely ladies made and sent to me a few years back when my husband was ill. I have wracked my brain but have come up short of an idea. Any ideas would be welcomed with open arms.

All the best from a sunny Canberra, Sandy

04/10/2017 10:21:54

All the best Mandy in this difficult time for you. I wish you a bright future.

Thank you Marian for letting me know.

Our grandson is now 6 months into the leukaemia treatment program. He turns 2 at the end of October and is happy when he can be. Our daughter and son-in-law are bearing up well but it is tough. This part of the treatment is a fortnightly process - one day of chemo, then fluids for 3 - in hospital (mum and toddler) - then home hoping there are few side effects. This drug causes mucositis - mouth ulcers which can affect all the digestive tract. The first dose saw them back in hospitable on morphine. The second dose was not as strong, but this third one was like the first - so everyone is waiting and watching. We have finally had a month at home after 5 trips to help them out. Our daughter also broke her shoulder and wrist falling off her push bike 2 months back. We are going up the week before Christmas to celebrate with them. The interim treatment will be steroids then more them but a different type. Naturally we are tired but are coping with the situation - over reacting sometimes, patient other times.

I did have a lovely phone conversation with our daughter today and then with our 5 year old grand daughter - gee they grow up quickly. It has been nice to be home long enough to feel like sewing too. maybe the baby quilt will be bound for Christmas time but first a gift for a 2 year old little boy with a sunny smile.

Cheers Everyone and all the best. Hope your Autumn is lovely. x Sandy

26/09/2017 03:57:03

Hi everyone. I just wanted to let the October birthday girls they are in the mail.

Cheers Sandy

Thread: Block challenge (non swap)
29/07/2017 03:19:14

Wow these are great blocks. Well done ladies. Cheers Sandy

29/07/2017 03:17:01

A very late Birthday greeting June. Hope your day went well. I am wishing winter would pass - trust your summer is enjoyable for all. Sandy

03/07/2017 03:16:12

Thank you Beryl. You are very generous. I appreciate your kindness very much.

June, I posted your squishy late last week.

Hope it gets there in time and our post actually gets it to you. Please let me know of it does not.

All the best. Sandy

02/06/2017 08:56:24

Happy Birthday from freezing Canberra, Australia Jayne. Hope you have a wonderful warm celebration, with lots of laughter, smiles and hugs.

We do not get snow - too dry but very frosty. Cheers Sandy

30/04/2017 08:54:07

Here they are - I am out of practice doing this - wow. Birthday 2017Birthday 2017 cards

Edited By Sandy on 30/04/2017 08:55:53

30/04/2017 08:50:48

Thank you everyone and we did celebrate. It was lovely day even though it teemed with rain in the morning. We had lunch with our son, daughter-in-law and baby Josephine at a new cafe in our Botanic Gardens.Guess who had a long cuddle with her new grand daughter? When I got home there was a gift of a very interesting book (which I am trying not to read yet) from our Brisbane family with a home made dinosaur card which involved everyone drawing their favourite dinosaur! We are up to see them and help out this week.Our grandson is making his own platelets and red blood cells which is just wonderful.

Now for photos.

Hmmm I need to think about this. Sandy x

23/04/2017 12:48:09

That's ok Rosemary. My birthday is actually Wednesday the 26th April. So there is still some time for me to anticipate opening the squishes. We are back from our whirlwind trip to a celebration for our niece and her new husband and are tired - it was a long drive there and back - 4 hours each way, an over night stay and lots of conversations and laughter. We will see our grandson in 2 weeks - and try to help the family. Our grandson did spend time back in hospital - a blood test indicate that he had a virus but they are home now. Evidently this is typical of the first month of treatment. Off to bed now - all that driving and talking!!

21/04/2017 03:46:45

Look after yourself Jayne and happy quilting - than you for letting us know. Marian your squishy has just arrived. Thank you. Sandyangel

20/04/2017 03:39:58

That is ok June - just as long as you are coping. I will enjoy receiving it when it arrives. Two more squishes today - one from Fiona (Jeferies) and one lady whose name is not indicated. My pile of gifts is growing. Thank you both. Sandy

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
Green Hill
textile festival
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
Search Press
SewAndSo
bredons
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues