By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ruth Carter-Hale

Here is a list of all the postings Ruth Carter-Hale has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Whoops, look what happens when I'm not chained to the laptop
18/09/2011 22:27:51
Hello, started sewing on an old Vickers hand sewing machine, I used to make teddy bears on it, they are god machins, when I started with a new electric sewing machine it took ages to stop my hand reaching up to turn the wheel, I dont know how ever used it now , I hope you have lots of fun with it
Ruth
Thread: cutting mats
04/07/2010 16:19:49
i have not had this problem but wondering were you bought the new mat was it at a show?
Thread: wow
30/09/2009 08:00:48
Hi Angale, these quilts are amazing, how did you do the pebles in this one, was it printed? also could you tell me about the quilt univercity, thanks happy sewing, Ruth
Thread: top tip
28/08/2009 11:30:00
I love that top tip of trying a block in different fabic before cutting up the fabrics you have bought for the project, I suppose it also helps in case you have problems with constuction too. Your quilts look very professional, the log cabin is great, Ruth
Thread: Chat
28/07/2009 09:47:06
Hello margaret,
at least you enter the competions, if I could remember to get some stamps it would be a good start,  as for pressing seams, unless specified to press seams open which is needed for some pattens i would normally press to the dark side, 
Thread: Help, a technique for completed indivual units
16/06/2009 09:34:26
Hi Julie, Are you talking about ,foundation piecing or paper piecing, quit often this incorperates bilding 3 or 4 parts of a block and then joining them, if it is there are lots of examples and instuctions at the Quilters cashe, a fab web site,Ruth
Thread: Great Beach
10/06/2009 10:26:58
Hello Irene, just wanted to say this is a great pictorial quilt, I have just done a project on the history of pictorial quilts and your is really grreat, were did you get that cloud print from?,have you been quilting for a long time?,  I hope that you have lablled it !!
Ruth
Thread: Festival Of Quilts Competition
06/06/2009 09:50:38
Hello susan,
what is theme for the competition that you want to enter? Is the festival of quilts the one at sandown? I wanted to enter this year but I had a baby Boy instead...Ha HA...I have just Finish  course that showed s a great design prosees to help you find inspiration an choose colours and things like that, let me Know if you want some help, its great fun to go to a show and having something you made hanging up, evean if you dont win, good luck Ruth
Thread: Christmas Projects - What are you up to?
19/11/2008 09:59:00
Hello every one recieved the beautiful Christmas fabric prize int the post yesturday, thankyou very much they are lovely, I am taking them to my P&Q class today to show my tutor and freinds, we can access the web there so i will show them what we have been doing, happy xmas sewing to all Ruth
Thread: Quilted House1.JPG
06/11/2008 12:14:00
Its brilliant did you design this your self, Ruth
Thread: The Cats Help
06/11/2008 12:07:00
A while ago I was talking to someone about how the our cats like to 'help' with the patchwork and quilting, Our cat vegas thinks it help to sit behind the sewing machine, sits on any newly ironed piece of material, or anything you about to use or pic upand he like to watch me do the ironing, I thought it would be fun if people had picture of there cats helping to share them, this is Vegas
/sites/4/images/member_albums/647/Image029_%28Small%29.jpg

helping with my course work, more to come...

Thread: Christmas Projects - What are you up to?
06/11/2008 11:46:00
Here are some pictures of a few of the thing I have been making for Chrstmas...
/sites/4/images/member_albums/647/100_0511_%28Small%29.JPG

/sites/4/images/member_albums/647/100_0509_%28Small%29.JPG

30/10/2008 12:02:00

I have been making  quilted Christmas gifts since august, I wanted to get some gifts made for family before my second year P&Q course started, I started with a chistmas table runner for my sister then I had the idea to do a local Christmas fair, I just have not stopped, I have made seven xmas themed table runner ,5 pot holders,5 book covers complete with diaries, 2 sholder bags,4 make up bags, 2 tea cosies, 2 pincushions and a neddle case so far...... I figured what ever is left over can go to friends and family and I will still have time for special projects before the big day, I will add a picture of the whole lot soon....

Happy Christmas sewing everyone Ruth 

Thread: Made for two different little girls.
24/10/2008 15:16:00
These are really lovely are these sunbonnet sue charactures
Thread: coach
24/09/2008 10:56:00
I cannot drive so getting to shows means coxing my mother to take me, which she normally does, this year i went to the national quilt championships at sandown by coach but i only found out about the coach through my tutur, I searched the internet which was fruitless, does any one know where to get info from? is there a comany that does this type of thing? thanks Ruth
Thread: The Impatient Patchworker
05/09/2008 08:43:00

Its true patience is a vertrue , one that I do not pocess, I actually new about the competion to win the inpaitient patchworker book  as I had been asking for  a recomendation  for a book that had clear instructions for quilted gifts, Katy rcomended some books to me and told me about the upcoming competion, but  I couldnt wait for a whole month to see if I  won and ordered the book that very same day, hows that for impaient. ( By the way its a great book)

I am totally hooked on patchwork and quilting, I love piecing by machine and quilting by machine, its so fast and precise, I wake up thinking about quilting projects and what I will attempt that today and dream about it at night I've got it bad. Has anyone else noticed how the house work goes out the window, I mean I do the washing up and washing and the rest of it but the iron only sees Patchwork and fat quaters now....luckily my husband is not in the kind of work that needs shirts and things...and if he was he could do the himself......... anyway back to the sewing room..... Ruth

Thread: Project Alzheimers
25/08/2008 19:02:00
Hello Sharon well done for raising all that money, just visited your web site verygood, i love the quilt with stonehenge in is one of the others glastonbury tour? ruth
Thread: Newbie
25/08/2008 18:48:00

Hello, just a note about sewing machines, if you know someone that has or uses one have a go on theres any good sewing machine shop should give you a demonstation and let you have a go too, My tutur really likes Beninas ( i think that how its splelt ) I have a silver think about what you want and do some resurch before investing, i like a machine to have speed control and a doulble lifting foot, also a walking foot is great , if your on a tight buget charity shops often get casts offs, good luck newbies ruth

Thread: Wonder
25/08/2008 18:28:00
brillaint but I just bought a dyson,still it going on the list of must haves, maybe we should start a gallery of cats 'helping' us quilt, I will post some pics soon and show you what I mean!
Thread: Simple instrutions
25/08/2008 18:18:00
I couldnt wait for the comption and have got hold of the impaitient patchworker book it just what i wanted and I feel inspired again,thankyou again
Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
Janome
John James
Threads and Patches
warm company us
C&T publishing
Search Press
JB Quilting Fabrics
Just Hands On TV
Colouricious
Subscription Gift!
Subscribe to Popular Patchwork and receive a FREE gift!
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues