By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Fiona

Here is a list of all the postings Fiona has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2017
19/10/2017 12:43:51

Hope you are having a lovely day, Marian. cakegiftrosecocktailhotlove

Thread: Hug Hearts for August
19/10/2017 12:42:31

This is also one of mine from heart hugs - will be going to Angela's Christmas quilts collection.q-hearts-f.jpg

19/10/2017 12:34:46

And of course, there is the wonderful quilt people here made for me last year when I was so poorly, which could be adapted.2016-03-27 17.01.51.jpg

19/10/2017 12:33:05

I made a quilted pillowcase with some heart hugs for all the time I've spent on the sofa.Heart pillow

19/10/2017 12:27:17

This is one of my hearts quilts, Sylvia.The green fabrics in the border were from a swap on here too.

friendship quilt

Edited By Fiona on 19/10/2017 12:28:02

Thread: Chat
27/08/2017 20:26:55
Today is my 29th wedding anniversary so we celebrated by taking a drive down to Deal to see Dragonfly Quilters' biannual exhibition. As glorious as always! (Still time to see it tomorrow!) A lovely pile of new-to-me books and magazines plus some fabrics came home with me. Was also privileged to see a vintage quilt which had been brought for advice on conservation- made c.1912-18 in Devon by the owner's grandmother and great aunts.Very badly worn in areas but obviously highly loved, surprisingly​ modern to look at.
As I spent yesterday at a UFO day and have tomorrow to myself to sew, this has been a lovely bank holiday weekend. Hope everyone enjoys their's too. X
Thread: Show and Tell
15/08/2017 21:59:27

And our attempt at being arty photographers!beast-arrow-without.jpg

15/08/2017 21:58:42

Had fun trying to get a pic of it today - was rather windy in our chosen spot! So we ended up in a carpark with the quilt lying against the slope of the sea wall! Here's the back.beast-back.jpg

15/08/2017 21:56:25

This is the reason I've been so quiet here recently. While I was so unwell earlier in the year, I began following the progress of Pat Sloan's Winter Solstice on FB and really enjoyed seeing all the different interpretations. It was due to finish on Midsummer's Day. I decided to make one after all at the beginning of June! I mostly used my stash, and some of the fabrics I bought on holiday in May. I made 18 of the 25 blocks, using some of my class sample blocks for the rest, plus used 6" blocks from the Splendid Sampler and The Farmer's Wife books as infill where Pat had used chequerboards. I made up the sections and added borders to those sections before I quilted them then used narrow sahing to join everything together. Finally finished it last night when I added the label. Not bad for a 98" square monster, hence it's name - The Beast!beast-front.jpg

Thread: Yellow strip swap
15/08/2017 21:43:40

And the inside zipped pocket.bag1-3.jpg

15/08/2017 21:42:37

Here's the back.bag1-2.jpg

15/08/2017 21:41:42

I was inspired today and used all my strips! I watched one of the MSQC videos on youtube at the weekend and adapted the instructions to suit my needs.bag1-4.jpg

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2017
14/07/2017 19:24:17

June, your squishy was posted late yesterday (Thursday) afternoon. x

Thread: Chat
14/07/2017 19:23:15

Winnie and Margaret, I don't have Freeview either but I believe you can watch the videos on Youtube. However, once you've fast forwarded through all the sales pitch, there's hardly anything left to watch! Much the same with the sewing programmes on Creat and Craft. From the little bits I've seen, I'm not surprised that their advice on bias binding was so wrong.

Maria, I'm so pleased you have a date for September and can look forward to complete recovery. Personally, I'm finding life a bit of a struggle at the moment. I certainly am better than 3 months ago but it's a long, slow haul and it's taking me a while to get my head to acknowledge that this is the new "me" and I may never get back to what I once considered normal. But I will get there, eventually!

In the meantime, I am back to teaching a friend once a week at home and just sewing when I have enough energy! Even EPP can be too much some days but I am enjoying a biggish project. It's for a challenge at one of my groups so will be top secret until December! I'm also halfway through a QAYG quilt for my aunt's 80th birthday and halfway through appliquing hexies to a tablecloth for another 80th birthday present. Not to mention quilting my version of Pat Sloan's Winter Solstice. (I was just enjoying looking at everyone's blocks online then thought why not at the end and dived in...yes, I know I'm obviously nuts!)

Having had a busy week with home-ed activities for miss, I'm happily looking forward to a quiet weekend at home and getting on with some sewing. Hope you all manage some too.x

Thread: Easter ATC
13/06/2017 21:24:07

Here we go, ladies - apic of the atc I sent Val plus mugrug to make up for the huge delay.img_20170610_075723.jpg

10/06/2017 10:33:52
Strips have arrived today, thanks, envelope wrapped in a clear bag with a requestfrom Royal Mail to fill in their survey! I am now distracted from the sewing I had planned...
07/06/2017 20:29:10
Val, I eventually managed to post your ATC yesterday. However, I was so excited at having it ready that I forgot to take a photo. Would be grateful if you could do that for me. Thanks.
06/06/2017 10:13:53

I bought some more yellow/ green/ purple fabrics on holiday to add to my birthday strips and these ones. Just a few...

01/05/2017 16:08:42

20170501_155452.jpg

01/05/2017 16:08:05

Sorry for delay. I haven't quite worked out how much I can do in a day without exhausting myself. and then I couldn't find the tablet charger. But at last, here is the lovely atc I had from Val.20170501_155502.jpg

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
textile festival
Green Hill
lewis and irene
C&T publishing
Search Press
bredons
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues