By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Jayne

Here is a list of all the postings Jayne has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
23/11/2017 20:52:15

Glad that it arrived safely Sylvia and that you like it. The magazine is the one with the article about the quilt itself, so is pretty old now, but worth the story behind the quilt.

Jayne x

22/11/2017 08:09:51

Thank you Rosemary, our chippie does a lovely salad with a piece of plain chicken but it was TASTY and TEXTUREFUL (not even sure that's a word but it's descriptive enough for me).

And to sleep in my own (half of the) bed was lovely. Back to sleep again now while DH cooks breakfast.

Do we have any news of Winnie?

Jayne x

Edited By Jayne on 22/11/2017 08:10:29

Edited By Jayne on 22/11/2017 08:16:54

21/11/2017 23:11:24

Your Aussie sunshine worked for me Sandy, I am now home from hospital.

I'm not sure what was the best

1, walking out of hospital and breathing fresh air (the ward I have to go in has no opening windows and door airlocks for infection control).

2. Hearing my mom's voice when I rang and told her to warm the plates, we were picking up fish and chips on the way home, make it three as I'm out. I now have raging indigestion from enjoying them too much and it's too late to get anything,

Thank you all for your wishes.

Jayne x

15/11/2017 18:51:30

Thank you for posting it for me Rosemary, and your thoughts Carol and Sylvia.

Well I've been moved to a different ward this afternoon, not for my benefit but that of another patient who needed my bed in the oncology ward. The upshot is that I'm now on the haematology ward and they will understands my drug regimes better.

Well we think that we've sorted out the chest problem, it's a fungal chest infection, s no more pruning trees and fetching the ivy of the old fruit trees for me now....

Hubby brings my laptop in every other night for a bit of an update on the world.

I get to see your postings on my emails but not any pictures, so a good tease is when a pic is posted and you all comment on it

Anyway time to have more meds, nitey, nite, nite.

Jayne x

Thread: Christmas Post card swap and November Challenge
15/11/2017 18:44:26

Can I say maybe if I'm out of hospital by the date?

Jayne x

Thread: September challenge
03/11/2017 09:36:57

Wow Glenda! they are so cute and practical too.

Jayne x

01/11/2017 09:49:07

Sylvia & Winnie I'm just back from the post office, I'll pm you the details.

Jayne x

Thread: Quilty Calendar for 2018
27/10/2017 20:27:55

ALL of mine have arrived Rosemary. I'll get your parcel posted on Monday Sylvia.

Jayne x

24/10/2017 08:51:19

Thank you Rosemary. I'll let you know when ours arrive. x

Thread: Hug Hearts for August
22/10/2017 23:17:48

Sandy,

I'm planning to do a 9 patch with hearts with all my wonderful hearts. When I showed them to my family they joined in too so I have loads, from family, and two sets from you all, when I was diagnosed and when I had my transplant.

**LINK**

Jayne x

Thread: Quilty Calendar for 2018
17/10/2017 09:31:47

Yes please Rosemary, might need 2 depending on the cost.

Jayne x

12/10/2017 20:33:48

Sylvia, I have just sent you a pm. Jayne x

09/10/2017 21:36:42

Funny this, I was impressed by your bobbin storage Margaret, I am really bad at it.

I have 2 machines, plus embroidery machine with different sizes, and then there's the type of thread, and they are just in the same rubber ring... and yours are in rings by thread weight.

So I came back and looked for a way of sorting them better. The main thing being keeping the thread and bobbin together and not able to unroll themselves into a BIG tangle.

This is what I've come up with so far, and it might even work for you Rosemary especially if your postmen are as untidy as mine.. you thread a rubber band through the bobbin and then wrap it around the corresponding reel.

**LINK**

and then I use these with normal thread in one colour box and quilting thread in the other (white and turquoise), I also use these for storing WIP, the beauty being that they unzip and fold flat when they are empty.

**LINK**

So far it's working for me, but I am looking at the Alex drawers from IKEA, and they are the right height to go under my work table.

**LINK**

Sorry about all the links ladies.

Jayne x

Thread: Friendship Swap 2016/7
09/10/2017 08:33:45

Me too, and then I blamed that I needed to clear the dining table so I have a sewing room, but now I don't even get into that now...

Jayne x

08/10/2017 14:24:26

Glad it got to you Claire, I didn't mean to nag. Jayne x

06/10/2017 15:20:47

Claire, did you get your block from Margaret (Winnie), it's been a couple of weeks now and I'm getting worried it's gone back to her in France... x

Thread: Show and Tell
26/09/2017 22:11:54

Yes Sue, although she was a rescue we had her from 12 weeks old from a puppy farmer who couldn't sell her or her litter mates as everyone wanted the cute 8 week old pups, a little bit of maths that in 4 weeks time they'd look the same didn't come into it. There are a lot of Goldie bitches that are called Bonnie, so as we all got confused at the groomers, we nick named her LMB Little Miss Bonnie and it kind of stuck.  Although at 32kg she's not so little now...

Jayne x

Edited By Jayne on 26/09/2017 22:12:22

Thread: Patchwork and quilting software
26/09/2017 11:08:36

Now that I've found my mojo, I'm making many more quilts and 'stuff' these days, it's taking me so long to draft out what I'm thinking and if I change it it's hard to go back to the previous step, let alone more than one variation to compare, but...

Again the same old question is it worth the expense? Does anyone make a free limited version, the sort that gets you hooked after just 30 days and then you choose to buy and keep or say goodbye?

Or do I just go and buy some good quality graph paper and crayons?

Jayne x

Thread: Show and Tell
26/09/2017 09:39:42

Thank you for your compliments ladies, I shall let the ladies know next month.

Here is a link to the labels, I didn't order the labels, they are 11cm x 2.3cm.

**LINK**

I'd love to see what you make Margaret.

Here is a photo of the label.

labels.jpg

25/09/2017 14:37:11

grenfell #9.jpg

I call this my "Ice Cream Quilt" as the colours are lovely and soft and the petals look like ice cream cones.

grenfell line 2.jpg

For days when the washing is only just long enough....

The finished quilts for Grenfell Tower made with the help of my church sewing group. There are individual quilts in my album..

Little Miss Bonnie looking on in disgust and hope that she might get a bit more attention now they are finished.

Jayne x

grenfell line 1.jpg

Edited By Jayne on 25/09/2017 14:39:51

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
Green Hill
textile festival
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
Search Press
SewAndSo
bredons
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues