By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Jayne

Here is a list of all the postings Jayne has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: February Challenge
17/02/2018 16:07:12

They're all lovely Margaret, it would be hard to choose my favourite. What a difference a dark sashing makes?

Jayne x

15/02/2018 16:48:24

Thank you Reenie, I shall give it a look.

Jayne x

14/02/2018 21:56:04

Reenie, I just love the colours and the pattern, can I ask what the block is called please?

Jayne x

Thread: Show and Tell 2018
14/02/2018 20:59:01

I've really found my sewing mojo these days.... I made one of the scottie dog stockings a couple of weeks ago, but this afternoon my friend called in for a few hours and we made another one each for two local church outreach projects.

20180214- gt quilters stocking february 2nd and 3rd.jpg

13/02/2018 19:59:22

Another little make from my stash.

We have a young visitor staying with us, although he is Canadian his heritage is Serbian and Portuguese. So I made this small wall hanging incorporating all three flags for his mom. It's just under 12" square.

Jayne x

20180212-maple leaf wall hanging.jpg

Thread: Chat
11/02/2018 15:23:29

I've watched that tutorial a fair few times this weekend Rosemary, It's wonderful isn't it? Definitely one for my to do list.

Here's the link for anyone who wants to try and resist it....

**LINK**

10/02/2018 07:09:34

No offence taken Pam, you're right I do have loads of UROs, but I thought if I made and finished the one that DH bought for me he might not notice the amount of other fabric and UFOs in my shed.... ha ha some hope! x

09/02/2018 22:46:50

Thank you ladies, This was NOT a UFO hidden away, this was a Christmas Present from DH, I started it last week and it is ready for layering next week at church.

BUT.... there are plenty more half done and even not started projects, and I still keep buying more fabric...oops.

Jayne x

09/02/2018 16:25:31

My William Morris LC, the top all finished and waiting to be layered up next week.
I usually layer my quilts up on a board on the large patio table, but I'm too impatient to wait for better weather, so I'm using the church hall next Friday, it's great I can push all the tables together and save my knees. A small donation to church funds and the vicar is happy.
Now back to the shed to find something else to do.

Jayne x

20180209 - william morris pinwheel quilt top.jpg

Thread: Underground Railroad Sampler
07/02/2018 23:00:57

Thank you Pam and Carol, The colour was for Irish Retriever Rescue, where my fur babies came from, The rescue theme seemed to work for puppy farm dogs just as much for the slave route.

Jayne x

07/02/2018 17:33:49

Here is my Underground Railroad Sampler Quilt, not one I did with PP but one that I made last year for a charity raffle.

finished.jpg

Thread: Not Happy!
05/02/2018 16:38:18

Hurray! My digital mag is available today, the same day that my hard copy came through the post. Let's hope it all downloads and I don't get missing pages.

Jayne x

31/01/2018 09:39:32

Oh Maria, it's good to see your sense of humour is a cut above the rest....

Jayne x

28/01/2018 20:06:28

Emma,

It's not that I want there to be more from the magazine on the website, it's just that with two magazines sharing one website there are too many items that belong to the OTHER magazine, this doesn't encourage me to buy the other one, it only makes me think of leaving to prevent disappointment. x

27/01/2018 15:58:30

This is my proud mommy moment, what a wonderful start to 2018 for my eldest daughter;

Monday 8th January the new Centre for Clinical Haematology opened at the QE in Birmingham, DD had spent 12 months project managing the huge refurbishment and extension of the facilities.

Then today she was promoted to Squadron Leader with the Air Training Corps, this is another wonderful phase in her "career" with the ATC started over 20 years ago as a cadet herself.

I am so proud of both my girls but this is one huge achievement for DD1.

27/01/2018 15:40:44

Give Sheila my best wishes Rosemary. One of the worst parts that I remember from my treatment was not being allowed pepper on my food. I could use it if it was cooked with my food but not on my plate, . Being allowed out for the weekend is such an achievement, keep on doing just what they tell you.

23/01/2018 15:01:16

I've almost given up with looking for things on the PP website as so many articles relate to P&Q that I get disheartened.

My 2nd gripe is with the digital copy. Because of some long and short visits to hospital I have the joint print and the digital subscriptions. Because of having the print subscription which arrives early, I would also be able to download the digital copy around the same time. The digital subscription now takes an extra week+ to be available. Why?

I'm seriously thinking of this being my last subscription period, just think more money for fabric.

Jayne x

22/01/2018 16:48:57

What a lovely and cheerful table centre Rosemary.

I have had another hour in my sewing shed this afternoon, trying to shake off a cold and cheer myself up a bit.

Last year I was privileged to have been involved with the "Quilts for Grenfell Tower" group on Facebook, this year they have renamed themselves to "GT Quilters". We have been set the challenge of making one Christmas stocking per month to donate to a local charity of our choosing. Here is my stocking for January.

20180122 - gt stocking for january -robins.jpg

20/01/2018 18:46:25

Eileen, I have about half a dozen and I must get to them soon, but I wait for the warmer weather to use the big table with an 8'x4' board on it on the patio for layering up.

Sylvia, I love your coasters, do you make your own confetti or save up all the teeny tiny pieces?

Jayne x

19/01/2018 20:47:07

Another 'top' to add to the UFOs until I can get to my big table out on the patio to layer it up.

This one was a challenge as it was the first time I'd done 'scrappy', my only rule was that while making the pairs and 4s, there should not be any repeats next to each other, other than that I just 'went with the flow' which was very, very hard.

20180119 - random scrappy 16 patch.jpg

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Janome
textile festival
lewis and irene
Search Press
SewAndSo
Sarik
bredons
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues