By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Trish

Here is a list of all the postings Trish has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Inches or centimetres?
01/10/2008 15:29:00

I live in France and recently ordered some patchwork equipment on line from the uk expecting it to be in metric measurements, I was astonished it when it arrived  to find it was in imperial as I thought everything was in metric these days or at least in both measurements , rulers,etc.

This made it a bit tricky when I went along to my patchwork group as they were all using metric, I ended up buying another one here in France after a lot of searching for a patchwork shop. I have since found several places in France supplying stuff I guess I should have researched it a bit more carefully at the start.

I can also think in both measurements having been taught both at school and working as a nurse for many years, but I will stick to metric for the moment, although I can see there are advantages to using imperial as well, but not at the same time! Trish

Thread: Round Robin centre
01/10/2008 08:03:00
 I am very new to patchwork so not an axpert ! However it looks pretty good to me I love the colours and as I have recently learnt this technique can understand the pattern, although there is no clear design as such.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Green Hill
lewis and irene
Janome
textile festival
Search Press
SewAndSo
bredons
C&T publishing
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues