By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Trish

Here is a list of all the postings Trish has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Inches or centimetres?
01/10/2008 15:29:00

I live in France and recently ordered some patchwork equipment on line from the uk expecting it to be in metric measurements, I was astonished it when it arrived  to find it was in imperial as I thought everything was in metric these days or at least in both measurements , rulers,etc.

This made it a bit tricky when I went along to my patchwork group as they were all using metric, I ended up buying another one here in France after a lot of searching for a patchwork shop. I have since found several places in France supplying stuff I guess I should have researched it a bit more carefully at the start.

I can also think in both measurements having been taught both at school and working as a nurse for many years, but I will stick to metric for the moment, although I can see there are advantages to using imperial as well, but not at the same time! Trish

Thread: Round Robin centre
01/10/2008 08:03:00
 I am very new to patchwork so not an axpert ! However it looks pretty good to me I love the colours and as I have recently learnt this technique can understand the pattern, although there is no clear design as such.
Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
Janome
John James
Threads and Patches
warm company us
C&T publishing
Search Press
JB Quilting Fabrics
Just Hands On TV
Colouricious
Subscription Gift!
Subscribe to Popular Patchwork and receive a FREE gift!
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues